WORDS THAT BUG ME

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

Re: WORDS THAT BUG ME

Postby Sinned » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 am

We don't seem to have a cockroach problem over here. In my 65 years I've never seen one locally, only when we go abroad. Ants can be, though, and annually I put some powder around the various door openings but then they aren't a huge problem either - they seem to respect the fact that they aren't welcome and stay away.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Big and Bashful » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:45 am

Richard_09 wrote:https://www.bustle.com/p/11-gross-sounding-words-everyone-hates-to-hear-according-to-science-36115
Actually I like the word ''rural'' but the others are gross indeed :D

Something gives me the feeling that this is an American list, am I right?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Postby pelmut » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Sinned wrote:We don't seem to have a cockroach problem over here. In my 65 years I've never seen one locally, only when we go abroad. Ants can be, though, and annually I put some powder around the various door openings but then they aren't a huge problem either - they seem to respect the fact that they aren't welcome and stay away.

I recently dealt with an electrical fault caused by thousands of dead ants piled up inside an exterior junction box.  There was no sign that most of the bodies had been electrocuted - just a few had been incinerated directly by the arc - and there had been no fault trips before the completely-full box flashed over in damp weather, so it looks as though they had been using it as a mausoleum.   I remember a similar incident about 30 years ago in my grandmother's kitchen, but many of the ants in that instance were alive and still actively nest building.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Postby dillon » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:00 am

Big and Bashful wrote:
Richard_09 wrote:https://www.bustle.com/p/11-gross-sounding-words-everyone-hates-to-hear-according-to-science-36115
Actually I like the word ''rural'' but the others are gross indeed :D

Something gives me the feeling that this is an American list, am I right?

Apparently, according to bugless Dennis, only if that "feeling" is formication. :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Off Topic