I need positive energy

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I need positive energy

Post by dillon »

I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy in the same session a couple weeks ago. I figured since they were sedating me, kill two birds with one stone. Both revealed nothing. BTW, beachlion, the endoscopy goes in your mouth and downward, the colonoscopy goes upward through the alternative access port. I was having trouble swallowing food and feared throat cancer, but I am fine, happy to say. Now the doctor says my occasional throat stricture may be caused by unrecognized acid reflux. I agreed to take Nexium for a month and see what happens. I should have asked why he didn’t start with the cheapest options first, and save me and my insurance company thousands of dollars. Honestly, specialized medicine leaves me shaking my head. When did doctors become like mechanics, doing transmission rebuilds when you were just low in 90 weight.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

dillon wrote:... the endoscopy goes in your mouth and downward,
Endoscope
the colonoscopy goes upward through the alternative access port
Other-end-oscope
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

To be exact, an endoscopy is the general term for a procedure to look into a body cavity with an endoscope. A colonoscopy is a specific form of endoscopy and let a light shine where there is normally no light shining.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopy
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

beachlion wrote:To be exact, an endoscopy is the general term for a procedure to look into a body cavity with an endoscope. A colonoscopy is a specific form of endoscopy and let a light shine where there is normally no light shining.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopy
I’ll defer to your opinion, just saying how doctors use the terms here. May not be technically accurate but it is as it is. That fact was given in the article you linked. The alternative, medically specific term is unpronounceable, at least for Americans. As our famed humorist Will Rogers said of the concept of ‘technocracy’ “Nothin’ you can’t spell will ever work.”
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...