Well... the Jury is back....

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Well... the Jury is back....

Post by oldsalt1 »

CR why is it a farcical non election Is it because your candidate lost Give me a break stop complaining
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

The Five Stages of "Donnorhea"

1)It's a total lie, never happened, fake news.

2)Maybe it happened but it's not a big deal.

3)Okay, it's a big deal, but it's not illegal.

4)Okay, it was illegal, but Hillary and Obama something-something-something, so it doesn't matter.

5)You're just a sore loser, lib-tard. Get over it!

:shock: :( :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:CR why is it a farcical non election Is it because your candidate lost Give me a break stop complaining
It wasn't a question of "my candidate" not ascending the throne, it was a case in which each and every blasted one was hand-picked by the elites for loyalty or malleability; Hillary was going to be unquestioningly loyal and Trump is malleable insofar as he can be assassinated (from inside) and he knows it. No "major party" candidate is allowed to run without signing the pledge of Omerta (it's a Mafia term, look it up) to the elites [1].

Any system in which all the candidates allowed to stand for office are already hand-picked and pre-selected cannot realistically be called anything remotely democratic. That's why I'm torqued off about the matter, not just because of who "won" the last "election". It's worth recalling my commentary from Tuesday on the day of the last "election": "All I knew is that I was going to wake up p!ssed off on Wednesday morning -- and, sure enough, I did." It didn't matter one whit who "won". The general population as a whole lost because the game was, and is, rigged. None of the candidates standing were reasonably electable by any sane majority nor suitable for the office.

[1] And before anybody says anything about Sanders I'll point up that he never stood a snowball's chance in Hell. The Blue Party [2] was going to run Clinton. That was pre-ordained. Full stop.
[2] Same as the Red Party when push comes to shove. They are one and the same.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

And Stage Six: Your David Pecker starts leaking after losing immunity.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Cr if there was ever a candidate that was NOT hand picked and preselected it was President Trump. And I don't need a dictionary I know the code Be careful what you say the Illuminati are watching
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I am usually reserved in my politcal comments !
That being noted - no longer !

Donald Trump

(note I did not address Donald as President as he is not the peoples president - did not win the popular vote)
is running the government just like the TV Celebrity Apprentice.

Running the govenment like a CEO hiring and firing at will creating a revolving door of
Cabinet and White House Office personnel.
Fail the Do It My Way - Bullying - Loyalty test your fired !

I liken his administration to that of Richard Nixon "All the Presidents Men - ah er I mean Crooks" !
Yet to be seen is the Mueller investigation results and I understand the public may never see them ?
All the under the table dealings subterfuge enabling of foreign powers to interfer with our elections
campaign donation violations and that is just at the forfront.

In my view Donald is spitting at Lady Liberty - people refugees good and bad are caravaning to the USA
to eke out a safe living from the corrupt govenment in their home country. The USA with its size can certainly
accommodate these folks and we do have the ability to weed out the undesireables and take action to determine
their future be it deportation or isolation from the mainstream - but give these people the opportunity to
asimulate into and share our state of greatness.

Donald's statistics don't past muster with creditable authorities - the politician that called wolf and once too often !

Donald needs to RE-read the good book (Bible) and instead of building walls take Jericho by the horns
and tear down walls aka Ronald Reagan.
Further persecution of those seeking aid is not a solution !
It is also very upsetting that the heirarchy and elders of the churches have not taken to task addressing Donalds
anti-humanitarian agenda - so much for sanctuary !

Is there hope and a blessing for Donald ?
Perhaps - recalling the Movie "Fiddle on the Roof"
about a blessing for the Tsar:
"God bless and keep the Tsar far way from us"

So God bless and keep Donald far from doing us any further harm or damage -
he is a train wreck in the making if he hasn't already derailed our Greatness as a country !

The Government is not a place to be run by a Celebrity Apprentice !
Remember what happened in the Movie "Fantasia" -
the runaway mops and brooms of the sorcerers apprentice -
Donald is having a hard time keeping his nest clean of corruption - that revolving door again -
And the Great Wizard behind the curtain is not going to solve this mess perhaps he is behind it - - -

I am no longer reserved in my opinion and time to speak up -
Tis my country tears of thee - that the direction we are going is not up and away but down and OUT !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Man, there's some weird stuff going on with the tax refunds this year...

Filed federal and got the refund around four or five days later... a record turn around! And yet the IRS website still says it has yet to be sent.... :?

Virginia still hasn't sent theirs yet. A log on to their website says they are bickering over how do deal with some federal law and "no returns will be processed" until they pull their heads out of their asses....

Great.... the whole freaking government is collapsing....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Those tax reforms - the government was supposed to reform those tax reforms -
but the government doesn't have a clue as to what they are doing and now
at this point another "SHUT DOWN" looms.

One family on national news got a $10k refund last year - this year they owe $10k.
Maybe time to throw some more tea in the harbor to see if that fixes the problem.

I am proposing term limits on all government officials and a very FLAT tax.
With term limits those officials won't have time to screw up a fixed flat system.
I can only wish !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote:but the government doesn't have a clue as to what they are doing and now
at this point another "SHUT DOWN" looms.
That's why I filed promptly this year. I have a feeling when it shuts down again at the end of this week it won't open again for a good while.

As for Virginia... well I guess they'll just send it whenever the hell they feel like it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

RM I guess you don't consider all of us who voted for President TRUMP people of the United States. AS far as the refugees are concerned I have a perfect solution . we can let them in than put them all on busses and send them to Bloomington MN

And as far as your $20,000 swing in taxes there was a lot more than the changes that President Trump made to the tax laws involved.

Its funny Pelosi and all the other major democrats who are opposed to the wall have Walls around their property

I have no problem with immigrants , My father was one and my grandparents were , they just did it legally
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

r.m.anderson wrote:Donald needs to RE-read the good book (Bible) and instead of building walls take Jericho by the horns
and tear down walls aka Ronald Reagan.
Further persecution of those seeking aid is not a solution !
It is also very upsetting that the heirarchy and elders of the churches have not taken to task addressing Donalds
anti-humanitarian agenda - so much for sanctuary !
The motto stated a lie. If this nation has ever trusted in God, that time has gone by; for nearly half a century almost its entire trust has been in the Republican party and the dollar--mainly the dollar. I recognize that I am only making an assertion and furnishing no proof; I am sorry, but this is a habit of mine; sorry also that I am not alone in it; everybody seems to have this disease.

-Mark Twain

Hehehe.... :lol:
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

To get back to VAT again. Some commodities can be made VAT-free. Necessities such as children's clothes and basic foods are zero-rated over here. Of course that does produce anomalies as to whether they are considered necessities or luxuries. Biscuits are zero-rated unless they are covered in chocolate in which case they are considered a luxury and they aren't zero-rated. Jaffa had a VAT tribunal case in 1991 as to whether their Jaffa cake was a biscuit or a cake. This was more than a moot point as if it was a biscuit [0] then VAT would be applied, if it was a cake it wouldn't. Jaffa won and it's a cake - vat-free, so there. The zero-rating is supposed to help the poorer in society as easing their tax burden. Whilst the political discussion is interesting it's past history and of very little interest to us non-Americans. This thread was started by Moon to ask for comments on taxation not politics. I know they are linked but it's in danger of flaming here. Taxation, taxation, taxation.

[0] McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes, against the ruling that Jaffa cakes were biscuits due to their size and shape, and the fact that they were often eaten in place of biscuits. In size, the Jaffa cake is more like a biscuit than a cake. So the confusion is understandable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sanctuary , Sanctuary, Sanctuary all sounds great who is going to cover the costs . And don't give me this common crap about taxing the rich most of the representatives and senators are rich and they AIN'T going to pass legislation that costs themselves money And by the way the average net worth of the Democrats in congress is higher than the Republicans.

And what the elders of the Chuch should be taken to task for is their silence when it comes to the current trend to allow late term abortions just prior to birth .
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote:Sanctuary , Sanctuary, Sanctuary all sounds great who is going to cover the costs .
You are! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

One thing I'll say for a VAT as opposed to a retail sales tax assessed as the point of sale...

It would sure make flea marketing a lot easier. As it currently is, if you're a small time vendor and you want to sell merchandise acquired by wholesale accounts legally, you are required by Virginia law to assess the tax at the point if sale. You are not allowed to include the tax with the price of the item.

Flea market shoppers are accustomed dealing in bills, not coin, so it can make legally transacting business a pain in the ass.

You can't just sell a tape candle for a dollar. It MUST be a dollar plus tax. Sure you you could make it 95 cents, but this makes pricing cumbersome and tacky. Additionally I've found that the more individual items purchased it becomes difficult to keep the ticket to an even dollar amount.

And you're required to issue an itemized receipt.

I think most flea market vendors just round as best they can and pay the difference themselves.

Which is technically illegal. It's also illegal to advertise the sale of any general merchandise "taxes included".

At least in Virginia.
-Andrea