Supermoon shadow

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Supermoon shadow

Post by Ralph »

So did anyone in this crowd watch the lunar eclipse last night? Get any good pictures?
Ralph!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Supermoon shadow

Post by beachlion »

I still have a sore neck from looking up in the bitter cold. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I watched it for about 3 minutes and then went inside where it was nice and warm and toasty. With it being straight overhead it was difficult to watch for long.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I went for my usual walk around the local lake last night. The moon seemed full and the sky was cloudless but there was no eclipse visible from our latitude. The time would be between 18:00 and 19:30 GMT so maybe I just wasn't out at the right time or we weren't in the shadow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

You were around too early. In the UK, the event was around 04.00 - 05.00 GMT on Monday morning.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

For once the sky with us was clear all night and I set my alarm for 3.30AM, got up and saw the bright moon with just a bit at the left hand side missing. By 4.30AM totality had begun and the disc was much darker, but to my surprise didn't develop its mulberry colour until about 5AM, well into the totality time. I then woke MOH and our resident 6-yr.-old granddaughter and we all three ventured out onto the terrace to have a look. Where we are there is almost zero light pollution.

Alas my little camera which has a 20:1 optical plus digital zoom, could fill its screen with moon and half-occluded moon & focus on same, failed to focus on the dark mulberry version, so I've had to filch a pro. shot published in the Irish Times this morning. It shows what we saw alright, but couldn't photograph it.

Tom
Lunar eclipse Jan 2019.jpg
P.S. The last one I remember was in March 1998. We had just finished rowing the Erne Head-of-the-River in Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh and were dining at Portora School, who ran the event, when we all filed out mid-meal to observe a cracker of a total eclipse, a lot redder than the one we saw last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It was cold last night, but happily clear, so I did take a few glimpses of the eclipse. I was underwhelmed, but after having successfully chased the total solar eclipse it will forevermore take a lot to impress me. I did manage to outrun rain clouds in western South Carolina and view the total solar eclipse in the nick of time and at full obscurance. Now that was impressive!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

It was a clear night here in northern Illinois and I took lots of pictures.
DSCF2675c.jpg
DSCF2648c.jpg
These are from a FujiFilm FinePix S4500 with 30x zoom. It was near 0°F, so my fingers got cold quickly. Back to the cafe topic, I had on a long denim skirt and hand-knit long thick socks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you for the picture Tom , I was out too early and then too late at dawn....still a nice clear moon