Musings on the Political Discussion in "Wearing a Dress ...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Musings on the Political Discussion in "Wearing a Dress

Post by oldsalt1 »

Please let this stop I never said or inferred anything disparaging about a fireman's choice .

Cr stated that he thought it was''''' HILARIOUSLY"""" ironic that with all the talk of flag burning . burning is the proper way to dispose of a flag.

I only mentioned the fireman as an example stating that his choice of cremation would be ironic. but it was in no way hilarious . Just like burning the flag as a proper method of disposal may be ironic but it is in no way hiarious
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

When I go to the great beyond I want everyone to have a good time celebrating my leaving this life. Music, beer and whiskey all around. Lots of singing and rejoicing no morning for the dead just happy hes gone works for me. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote:Disposing of vegtation by drying and burning is almost certainly better for the atmosphere than composting it, but I don't know if the same holds for human bodies.
From the last I read on the matter some years ago, the main source of worry about cremation was the release of mercury into the atmosphere from the amalgam fillings that were used for decades. The other basic constituents of the human body are primarily water (which simply evaporates), assorted carbon-compounds, and trace amounts of other various minerals. By far and away the largest source of CO2 emission is the burners that perform the deed of getting everything to combustion temperature.

Alkaline Hydrolysis is another potential mechanism, but as far as I'm aware it's not particularly caught on and remains in legal limbo in many jurisdictions.

Personally, my final instructions to my executor stipulate "... least expensive method possible to dispose of the remains. Once the mind is gone, the body has no worth nor value." I'm certainly not going to care what happens to the "vehicle" once the driver is dead. Depending on how I go, this might be donating the thing to science to train future medics. However, the way I currently anticipate meeting my end is at the exit of work onto Massachusetts Route 9 some afternoon when hit by some moron playing with a cell' 'phone instead of piloting his/her monster truck competently (which will obviate any "value to science or future generations").
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Fred in Skirts wrote:When I go to the great beyond I want everyone to have a good time celebrating my leaving this life. Music, beer and whiskey all around. Lots of singing and rejoicing no morning for the dead just happy hes gone works for me. :D
Made me remember the old song by John Hartford and the Dillards.

There is no beer in Heaven
That’s why we drink it here
Because when we get to Heaven
Our friends will be drinking all our beer.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote:Please let this stop I never said or inferred anything disparaging about a fireman's choice .

Cr stated that he thought it was''''' HILARIOUSLY"""" ironic that with all the talk of flag burning . burning is the proper way to dispose of a flag.
Dan, the flag burning discussion is just so yesterday man....

We're onto the science of how corpses decompose, and which is best for the environment... :mrgreen: :wink:

Do we burn, rot, or preserve...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: True, and that wouldn't bother me either, but I always thought that was illegal.
Caskets and embalming are not required by law, but by some cemeteries. Even home burials are allowed many places; you might need to register the location. Use your favorite Internet search engine on "green burial" and the state (or Commonwealth) in which you want to be buried.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

In all seriousness, if I outlive Jenn and live to be an old man (past retirement), I rather expect to be one of those people who just dies one day in his home and nobody realizes it for a few years. Only when code enforcement shows up to finally serve me for not mowing my grass for a few years and ding me for having out of date license plates.

I figure I'd be pretty well decomposed by then... :lol:

This isn't a pity post... I'll be dead anyway, I don't give a s--t. I'll extract every bit of life I can while I've got another breath in me, and when it's finally over... meh... :D

But, if I have anything to do with it, I plan to take my final walk up in the mountain and hopefully die there. I figure I just need about a week at the most, by then the wildlife should be about done with me. :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, MOH is convinced that I will outlive her so I may get a few years of peaceful skirt wearing before I go. As I have few friends and am a bit of a loner then one of my children may find me having hopefully passed at home. If my kids have moved away then who would be the first to notice? Probably some government official or the police. The bills will get paid for months, maybe even years since I would transfer all money and savings into one account for disbursement. The electricity, gas and house rates are the main outgoings that would continue to be paid. Maybe it would be the energy utility eventually as I send in monthly readings to update my account and they may notice that they have stopped. But they would estimate readings for a while and payment of these things are by direct debit. That's set me thinking now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
MoonsWifeJenn

Post by MoonsWifeJenn »

moonshadow wrote:In all seriousness, if I outlive Jenn and live to be an old man (past retirement), I rather expect to be one of those people who just dies one day in his home and nobody realizes it for a few years. Only when code enforcement shows up to finally serve me for not mowing my grass for a few years and ding me for having out of date license plates.

I figure I'd be pretty well decomposed by then... :lol:

This isn't a pity post... I'll be dead anyway, I don't give a s--t. I'll extract every bit of life I can while I've got another breath in me, and when it's finally over... meh... :D

But, if I have anything to do with it, I plan to take my final walk up in the mountain and hopefully die there. I figure I just need about a week at the most, by then the wildlife should be about done with me. :mrgreen:

We may die together. No one knows what God’s plan is.
❤️Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage❤️
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Jenn,
I could not agree more with you.
I won't dare to speculate on what I may wear on that leg of the journey.
The remains, ashes will be buried in an old forest by a loch. There will be an acorn placed with them.
Nature can take care of the rest.
Steve.
MoonsWifeJenn

Post by MoonsWifeJenn »

STEVIE wrote:Hi Jenn,
I could not agree more with you.
I won't dare to speculate on what I may wear on that leg of the journey.
The remains, ashes will be buried in an old forest by a loch. There will be an acorn placed with them.
Nature can take care of the rest.
Steve.

Thank you for agreeing. I plan to be cremated. I’ll already be in Heaven walking the earth with God. My body is just a temporary home.
❤️Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage❤️
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I doubt if my neighbours will miss me if they do not see me for a couple of years..... if I die in peace at home
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Both of my parents died at home in their own bed
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

One moment a parent is a living human being .... the next they are a stiff cold corpse ...both my parents ashes were cast upon the waters in view of the
sight of the sea from their bedroom window ....They were keen sailors and are still out there sailing with their deceased sailing friends.....

I watched the 2012 OLYMPIC SAILING from the same window ................Have you ever kissed human ashes ? or spoken to the deceased ?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Morag, who lived on Shetland visited her GP and announced that as she was 97 she was aware that it was almost time for her to 'go', so she expressed a wish that when it happened she would like to be cremated.

The good Dr. McKinley informed her that as there were no facilities for cremation on the islands she would have to go to the mainland, Aberdeen or somewhere to be cremated.

Morag thought about this for a few seconds and than said: 'Doctor, I think we'll forget about this cremation business. You see, I get ever so sick on the boat!'

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !