Wooden creations

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wooden creations

Post by voodoomagic »

crfriend wrote:Beautiful pieces both, sir -- and with a bit of resonance for yours truly being the grandson of an MD and steeped in the traditions as a young'un.
Thanks crfriend for the kind words and glad It brought joy to you, I guess the person that got these was quite pleased with these. The person said they were beautiful and liked them very much.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Voodoomagic,
I hope that you appreciate what you are achieving here.
Adding pleasure and beauty to the world is not a gift given to everyone.
Superb.
Steve.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

STEVIE wrote:Voodoomagic,
I hope that you appreciate what you are achieving here.
Adding pleasure and beauty to the world is not a gift given to everyone.
Superb.
Steve.
Thanks Steve, the kind words are really appreciated. I really enjoy making these, the look on there faces when given the handmade object is priceless.
Richard_09

Post by Richard_09 »

Great work voodoomagic! Do you have an online shop? I think you should promote your work on Instagram. I have a friend who is making very nice looking porcelain dolls and even though they look a little creepy she makes good money from this. Also my uncle found a great deal for a hotel for sale in Berlin https://tranio.com/commercial/germany/berlin/hotel/ two years ago and now he's running his own business in Berlin. Your work looks awesome so I think you should definitely go online :)
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Well been awhile since I been on here. And I see I have post from Richard_09 but it says (The requested user does not exist.) And I don't see his name in the members area. So sorry Richard_09 but thanks for the nice comment where ever you are. So I thought I would share what I have been working on lately, its not finished but I'm getting close. Making a wedding gift for a friend that is getting married, hope they like it. Its made out of 1/2 inch walnut.
wedding gift.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Nice looking work, I've been doing a little wood working . I have a long way to go before mine would look that good.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Bikerkilt wrote:Nice looking work, I've been doing a little wood working . I have a long way to go before mine would look that good.
Thanks Bikerkilt for the kind words. Post some pictures of your work, you only get better when you keep trying. Took me a while to get this done had to go off of a picture from the net, no plans to go by.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Very cool with the rings. I'm sure they will love it!
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Dust wrote:Very cool with the rings. I'm sure they will love it!
Thanks Dust.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Y'gotta tell us how yah did it. VM......The interlinked rings, I mean. Nothing short of magic. You've got a seriously great pair of hands.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Kirbstone wrote:Y'gotta tell us how yah did it. VM......The interlinked rings, I mean. Nothing short of magic. You've got a seriously great pair of hands.

Tom
It can be done from a solid chunk of wood, with no gaps in the rings. I've seen that done with a chainsaw. But I'm pretty sure that's not how he did it.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

It is a very nice piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPVATwyUTz0
You can try it yourself. You need a steady hand and a lot of patience. It is not for me because I know my limitations. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Kirbstone wrote:Y'gotta tell us how yah did it. VM......The interlinked rings, I mean. Nothing short of magic. You've got a seriously great pair of hands.

Tom
Thanks Tom, the rings are split, then they are put on to the base. Its a really cool effect that everybody asks how I did it.

Dust you are correct.

Thanks beachlion for the kind words.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Maybe not as artistic as voodoomagic's sculptures but quite useful, I just finished some kitchen cabinets. They are more or less in Ikea style, at least in metric dimensions. The bodies are in 18 mm plywood and the doors are in poplar.
P1010372q.jpg
Three cabinets attached to the existing set.
P1010378q.jpg
Drawers and a large cabinet added.
P1010434q.jpg
All six cabinets installed. The old cabinets were made of steel. To compensate the loss of it, I framed a galvanized steel sheet and put it on the wall to cover a not painted spot of the wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

beachlion wrote:Maybe not as artistic as voodoomagic's sculptures but quite useful, I just finished some kitchen cabinets. They are more or less in Ikea style, at least in metric dimensions. The bodies are in 18 mm plywood and the doors are in poplar.
P1010372q.jpg
Three cabinets attached to the existing set.
P1010378q.jpg
Drawers and a large cabinet added.
P1010434q.jpg
All six cabinets installed. The old cabinets were made of steel. To compensate the loss of it, I framed a galvanized steel sheet and put it on the wall to cover a not painted spot of the wall.
Nice work beachlion!