Wooden creations

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: Wooden creations

Post by beachlion »

That is a very nice way of woodworking. Very delicate details. You should change your nick into "woodmagic." ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

beachlion wrote:That is a very nice way of woodworking. Very delicate details. You should change your nick into "woodmagic." ;)
Thanks beachlion. That wood be perfect! :D
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Very good work! Do you have a scroll-saw you are using, out are you doing these by hand? Either way, it's fine work.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Dust wrote:Very good work! Do you have a scroll-saw you are using, out are you doing these by hand? Either way, it's fine work.
Dust I have a Delta scroll saw that I like using. And there is no way I could do that by hand, I cant even cut a board straight by hand. :D
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

voodoomagic wrote:
Dust wrote:Very good work! Do you have a scroll-saw you are using, out are you doing these by hand? Either way, it's fine work.
Dust I have a Delta scroll saw that I like using. And there is no way I could do that by hand, I cant even cut a board straight by hand. :D
Yeah, I've done a tiny bit of work with a (hand) coping saw, and a bit more with a scroll saw. The scroll saw is definitely the way to go, if you have one. I was okay with the scroll saw once, and I'm out of practice now. From these photos, you do better work than I ever did. Maybe I'll pick it up again soon...
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Dust wrote:
voodoomagic wrote:
Yeah, I've done a tiny bit of work with a (hand) coping saw, and a bit more with a scroll saw. The scroll saw is definitely the way to go, if you have one. I was okay with the scroll saw once, and I'm out of practice now. From these photos, you do better work than I ever did. Maybe I'll pick it up again soon...
Thanks Dust, if you do get back to scrolling again would like to some of your work. And maybe share some tips.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Tips? Hmm... Not sure I've got many. Go slow and stop for a break before you screw up the thing you've been working on for days... I've been there.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Dust wrote:Tips? Hmm... Not sure I've got many. Go slow and stop for a break before you screw up the thing you've been working on for days... I've been there.
Dust, good advice I have been there and done that also, and made it into something else like scrap wood. :D
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Well got some pendents done.

lowres pendent.jpg
lowres moon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Got this Mustang done it is 33" x 18" x 3/4"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

A definite talent.

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Voodoomagic.
The mustang is a bit of a masterpiece.
There was a farm labourer in this area who was creating similar work some eighty years or so ago,
He did his representing the horse and plough using any suitable bits of scrap wood.
Most of his work was given away as presents but they can now command substantial sums of money.
A single "sum" is likely to be more than his wages for a whole year, worth considering?
Steve.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Got a couple more done.
IMG_20190430_1828363591.jpg
IMG_20190430_1828538311.jpg
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Made these for a friend, one is oak and the other is walnut. They are about 7 inches long a 3 inches wide.
letter opener.jpg
letter opener001.jpg
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Beautiful pieces both, sir -- and with a bit of resonance for yours truly being the grandson of an MD and steeped in the traditions as a young'un.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!