Well, I guess NASA landed on Mars again...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

Well, I guess NASA landed on Mars again...

Postby crfriend » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 pm

... but I cannot get evidence of the spectacle at home because I'm not running a "supported browser". I guess I need to downgrade to Windwoes to be compatible with our marvellous gummint.
Screenshot-4.png

This is the 21st Century, clowns. I run a very modern browser (Firefox) and a very modern OS (Linux) on a moderately high-speed 'Net connection -- and I cannot watch something I paid good money to make happen and produce the video in question? What gives? This is no way to run a business. (Not that The Donald reads this, understands any of it, or gives a fig anyway.)

Not only am I not impressed -- I am very negatively impressed. We should be beyond this by now.

Can anybody in the real world see this or do we need to tithe to Micro$oft to see it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Well, I guess NASA landed on Mars again...

Postby Sinned » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:27 am

I've just typed in the URL and it comes up for me, Carl. Bog standard laptop several years old, hence a bit slow, running Windoze 7 Premium edition. Funny but I was just reading about this expedition yesterday.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Ralph » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:30 pm

No problems for me running Chrome in Linux. Also tried Firefox in Linux and it worked fine. Maybe you're using plugins that are incompatible with their video format?

windowshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ralph!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Darryl » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 am

Firefox?

Add a User-Agent Switcher. Then tell it to LIE to the web site, that you are using Edge or whatever they are looking for......
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Hey now... go easy on them... it's not like they're a bunch of rocket sci.... oh... nevermind...

:alien:
"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."
-Alejandro Jodorowsky
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Off Topic