New Law?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

New Law?

Post by Fred in Skirts »

California Passes Law Granting Full Legal Rights to Those who Identify as Animals
Written by That Guy
Friday, 5 October 2018

California Legislature has just passed the Furry Acceptance Act, a law that, among other things, requires furries to be admitted to local zoos, and Governor Jerry Brown signed it into law this morning.

To those in furry communities, this is a major step forward. However, if you don't know what a furry is, it might sound ridiculous. In short, "A furry is someone who identifies themselves as an animal," said Furry Activist Rick Coon, "I personally identify myself as a lioness, but until now, I couldn't be where I truly belong, in the zoo hunting zebras."

Activists like Coon are ecstatic, for the first time, people who came out as a different species can have the same rights as people who have came out as a different gender. For instance, the right of a transgender to choose their own bathroom, whereas furries are not allowed to do their business outside the front door.

According to the Furries Union, it's not fair that transgender people in California can freely be a different gender if they want and furries can't freely identify, which is why this is so monumental of an achievement.

In addition to the fact that furries can be admitted into zoos should they choose to, furries are also free to enjoy other privileges and rights that cis-species animals enjoy. For instance, in the new legislation, a veterinarian cannot refuse service based on someone being a furry.

Also, one of the more controversial laws in the new act states that furries can be adopted as a pet, and are allowed to use the bathroom of their choice, provided that it's cleaned up afterwards. Specifically, any furry is allowed to do their business anywhere an animal is legally allowed to do so.

President James Logan of the California Civil Rights Commission had this to say about the new law: "I'm very happy for this victory in the furries' civil rights struggle, but it's very disappointing that it took this long, though, to legally be able to be who they are."

However, the happiness might be a little short-lived. As, in the new law, furries are legally recognized as animals, and reports state that as many as 126 furries have been captured by L.A. Animal Control for violating city 'leash law' ordinances for being in public without a leash, furries are being advised by the California Civil Rights Commission to not change their legal status until, quote: "this legal loophole has been patched."

More on this story as it develops.

:hide: :rofl:

:sorry:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: New Law?

Post by beachlion »

You can read more about this on Snopes. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

beachlion wrote:You can read more about this on Snopes. ;)
It is not a law! It is humor at it's finest Written by "THAT GUY" :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sweet!

I hereby identify as a cat...

Now I get to lay around all day, eat whenever I want, sleep whenever I want, get free health care, get massages every day from humans for free, and lots of toys!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Some how Moon I have always thought of you as a cat, a large tom cat!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

I agree, cats have it good. I think I remember a Futurama episode where that Cats reveal themselves to be superior beings that need the earth for energy (or something like that). Makes perfect sense, they do have the life..
bridkid

Post by bridkid »

Ay up fred, it was thr governor jerry brown that rang with me...shades of dead kennedys? :D
If it aint Yorkshire, it's crap!
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

moonshadow wrote:I hereby identify as a cat...
I realise the original post and the subsequent comments are all in good fun, but... it puts me in mind of the gentleman who was in the news a few years ago because he decided he was actually a preteen girl. He dressed in pigtails and man-sized toddler dresses... can't remember if he used a nappy (diaper) or considered himself potty-trained, but the upshot of it was he expected his family, and his neighbourhood, to accept him and treat him as this young girl.

Considering all the social norms I break by the way I dress (and, to a lesser extent, the way I behave), I try very hard not to judge others who defy social norms. But I remember thinking at the time this is why we fight such an uphill battle gaining social acceptance. The average public gent sees this guy and sees us and thinks it's two sides of the same coin, perverts who want society to cater to our perversion. People like that do more harm than good for the cause of acceptance.
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ralph wrote:The average public gent sees this guy and sees us and thinks it's two sides of the same coin, perverts who want society to cater to our perversion.
If the average public gent sees a guy in a baby outfit and diaper when he sees me wearing a nice respectable skirted outfit... quite frankly it doesn't sound like I'm the one with the mental problem...
But I remember thinking at the time this is why we fight such an uphill battle gaining social acceptance.
I no longer fight for acceptance. I figure at this point people's minds are already made up. One either accepts us or not. Either way it doesn't matter, they don't get to decide my liberties.

Pervert? Well, I know the Virginia sex offender registry is just chock full of guys who wear skirts.... NOT!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There was a CSI episode about furries. It all seemed pretty strange to me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

One major drawback to being a Cat and that they often get doctored (neutered). but apart from that what a great life.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

So, if identify as a dog, does that mean I can run around naked, lift my leg, and pee in people's 6uyards?

Or would I need to be on a leash?

Just asking...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Caultron wrote:So, if identify as a dog, does that mean I can run around naked, lift my leg, and pee in people's 6uyards?

Or would I need to be on a leash?

Just asking...
Don;t forget collar, rabis tag, plastic baggies for the poop.... :lol: :lol:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Fred in Skirts wrote:...Don;t forget collar, rabis tag, plastic baggies for the poop...
Hmm. But I guess I'd like it a lot when somebody scratched my chest.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
lazerr
Member Extraordinaire

Post by lazerr »

If it wasn't for the fact that I know a few young people who do have "Furries" as a thing, I would think they must have some sort of problem. This is not true in the people I know, they are otherwise fun loving nerds. I think this is a real thing, smack in the middle of the continuum of things people do, and it appears to be pretty diverse. They actually would probably have little problem going around in their costumes as people do seem to accept the Furry lifestyle as it seems benign.

I will not judge anything to do with what someone wears, as long as the person doesn't harm others.