The love of your supportive Spouses.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The love of your supportive Spouses.

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I had groin surgery and bought a skirt to wear around the house during recovery. Pants hurt. The area is still sensitive and I wear skirts because I am more comfortable. There is scar tissue and some discomfort. I like skirts for hiking, wearing around the house, and driving.

My wife gives me her opinions on what looks good on me and I wear a skirt around the house and when traveling. She does approve and understands my discomfort while wearing pants.

Happy-N-Skirts
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I had groin surgery and bought a skirt to wear around the house during recovery. Pants hurt. The area is still sensitive and I wear skirts because I am more comfortable. There is scar tissue and some discomfort. I like skirts for hiking, wearing around the house, and driving.

My wife gives me her opinions on what looks good on me and I wear a skirt around the house and when traveling. She does approve and understands my discomfort while wearing pants.

Happy-N-Skirts

That’s great to hear :D
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Jenn, I don't love her any less because of her opposition. A bit of background. Her parents were a bit, well Victorian, and staid, if not very old fashioned, in their outlook. Early on in our relationship she was very open about things and I think that if I had adopted skirts then she would have accepted it readily. But as she has got older she has adopted that more conservative outlook. I understand this even though it really, really irritates me and I try not to let it get to me so. Not sure if she would ever go out with me while I am wearing a skirt. But. We are making a concerted effort to lose weight and although it's hard to do so we are slowly becoming smaller than we were. When we were first married we wore quite a few clothes in common - tops, shorts and so on but not skirts. What I am getting at is that if she were to get closer to my size we might be able to wear similar clothes again and maybe if we can get matching skirts then I may be successful. A lot of maybes certainly but probably my best bet. I have said to her that I have been wearing skirts for over 6 years now and don't intend to give them up. Eventually it may all sink in and bear fruition. But our love is stronger than ever.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:But our love is stronger than ever.
Bravo! That seems the be the exception rather than the rule. :cry:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

As I have previously said....Perhaps the male partner should wear his skirt in a male style and
not in a female style.....am I considering the style of the " original male garments " ?
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

When we look at the history of fashion ; the male garment was slightly different and grammar was such that the male garment was not called a skirt...
perhaps we have lost some of our education in our modern society.