An Autumn Day in Cornwall

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An Autumn Day in Cornwall

Post by weeladdie18 »

Following the police saga , I went Yachting in Cornwall.......4.5 minutes sailing a radio controlled model Yacht on an indoor pool
in the museum.

Here is one for Carl ....four way function control required , so why not use two four way joysticks on one remote mobile box ?

An operator could race two yachts against each other from one control station using one hand for each boat...........

8 operators could then race 16 boats on the lake ......................Q.E.D.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Then off to a serious meeting in trousers......Went back to my café , for a well earned cup of tea....

One of my female " Men in Skirts " fans...... asked ...."Hi , Rod , What is with the trousers today.? "

The day had been stressfull with the weather and the meeting....So I just said "Thank you for supporting the Men in Skirts Campain"

She responded with ..Life is short , so we must have a good laugh "....and she walked off showing her Long Red haired pony tale
and her trousers........................................................................................................................
Last edited by weeladdie18 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Here is one for the scientists............All problems re food poisoning
by eating raw shell fish gathered on the beach have been monitored for last 5 years ............only eat shell fish gathered in
regulated areas controlled by water sampling , with meat content sampling is monitored after processing
in correct purification system .......... All licences apply as issued by ten departments ..Approx 20 documents in date
in my filing system...at least one reg changes every week....

All problems are related to water run off from agricultural fertilisation of the land . and problems with overflow system on
water board purification systems.........After visting three separate departments in a morning , I was drained out.....

Short heavy showers sunshine and flash hail on high ground........ Shortest day of the winter tomorrow 21.December...
temp 10 C

After 1 April it is unlikely there will be a 21 foot high tidal wave coming two miles up the river.....or a possible chance of
8 foot deep snow drifts on the cliff tops at the end of march.....
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Rob,
36 strings equals 5 octaves on that sort of instrument. The lever at the top of each string is there to sharpen or flatten it by a semitone, thus the instrument can be played in all key signatures. Yer-average harpsichord or organ manual has also 5 octaves.

Strings are nylon except for the very lowest ones, which have a wire binding. There are steel stringed harps about, but the player spends half the night tuning the blxxdy things and that gets very tiresome on a live audience. They also have a very different sound.

We have a local group of girls here called 'Highly Strung' and yesterday we attended their pre-Christmas evening in a small intimate theatre with about 150 seats. The lead organizer plays Celtic harp, another the flute, also a violin and a double bass. one just sings. A very pleasant evening as expected, the proceeds going mainly to charity.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !