Wedding weekend

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Wedding weekend

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:South Carolina and Georgia both have laws that ban the use of a cell-phone even the hands free models while the vehicle is in motion and that includes while at traffic lights.
The fines are heavy and are being enforced. So beware if you are in either state and want to use your cell phone, it could be very expensive.
Very interesting. I'll be curious to see how long the enforcement continues. There are technically laws against the practise in Massachusetts, but those are more widely observed in the breach than in the observance and I doubt if a cop has ever sought cell' 'phone data records during a crash investigation.

From the seriousness of the problem, the penalties should be roughly the same as they are for operation while intoxicated as all the scientific evidence indicates that the degree of impairment is highly similar between the two cases.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:From the seriousness of the problem, the penalties should be roughly the same as they are for operation while intoxicated as all the scientific evidence indicates that the degree of impairment is highly similar between the two cases.
Well, one thing for sure... If you're a cute girl in Bristol Tennessee you get a pass. At least that's the story I got from a colleague who was rear ended by a teenage girl while he was stopped at a light. The phone laid in the floor board of the driver's seat with an active chat bubble....

No charges were filed....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:
crfriend wrote:From the seriousness of the problem, the penalties should be roughly the same as they are for operation while intoxicated as all the scientific evidence indicates that the degree of impairment is highly similar between the two cases.
Well, one thing for sure... If you're a cute girl in Bristol Tennessee you get a pass. At least that's the story I got from a colleague who was rear ended by a teenage girl while he was stopped at a light. The phone laid in the floor board of the driver's seat with an active chat bubble....
No charges were filed....
He should have demanded charges be filed. I did that when I was rear ended while stopped on a highway because of someone turning and had to wait for traffic to clear. The car driven by a Mexican National who was talking on her cell phone hit me and she had no insurance. The cops wanted to just let my no-fault handle it but I insisted charges be filed, they were and BOY was I glad I did. She tried to skip town which would have left me with double the insurance premiums. When we went to court her husband an American citizen from Mexico said she did nothing wrong at all. The court found her guilty of impaired driving and they had to pay me for the damage before she could get out of jail.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.