New Categories

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

New Categories

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

How about adding some new categories.

Where do you like to wear skirts? (including kilts)
Where would you avoid wearing skirts?
What is your favorite thing to do while wearing a skirt?
What are the practicalities about wearing a skirt?
What kinds of problems have you had when wearing a skirt?
How has acceptance been with wearing a skirt? Friends? Family? Strangers? Public? Doctor Visits?
Unusual incidents wearing a skirt?
Positive comments from men?
Postive comments from women?
Reactions from kids?
Embarrassing moments?
What would you like to try?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Categories

Post by Fred in Skirts »

All of these subjects are covered in many of the posts here and some already have their own threads.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred nailed it. With the exception of "Embarrassing moments?" and, just perhaps "What would you like to try?" all of the proposed "categories" are well handled by the "Skirts and Kilts for Men" section. "Embarrassing moments", I suspect, would best fit under "Personal Stories" unless it's a piece of humour that is particularly good and doesn't cause long-lasting embarrassment. "What would you like to try?" could go into either "Skirts and Kilts for Men" or "Personal Stories" depending on how avant-garde the notion is or whether it causes one some level of discomfort.

I am rather sensitive to good design in things, and frequently "good design" means reducing the potential for confusion or making things unnecessarily difficult to find. I think I should have become an architect instead of a CS guy, but computers managed to capture my heart earlier on in life than architecture.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I like the fact that the whole of the "front page" fits on my screen. After the first click, it is a different story. :)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Its true a lot of these topics have been covered in other blogs. But a new subject always brings a new round of activity.

I have a post under what would I like to try.

For me it would be a trip away from home for at least 3 or 4 days with possible air travel . With my suitcase packed only with skirted outfits. With the possible exception of a bathing suit no pants or shorts in sight.

Wow a cruise would be great because it would call for both casual and more formal outfits.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Something is amiss here...

Those seem like survey questions not forum categories. In fact, I don't really see how many of those would work as actual forum categories, or even individual threads for that matter.

Miscommunication maybe?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

All subjects of great interest and most of these are covered in thread titles.
Any that aren't, you can start a thread and see where it goes. I tried one about "funny experiences whist skirt wearing" but it seems those things only happen to me. I could have named it "embarassing moments" but us Aussies have a self deprecating humour.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Just for fun, I can answer some of these:

Where would you avoid wearing skirts? ................ bungee jumping
What is your favorite thing to do while wearing a skirt? .......... standing out in the wind on a warm day
What are the practicalities about wearing a skirt? ............ putting them on with boots on
What kinds of problems have you had when wearing a skirt? ....... getting out of Landrover with skirt caught on the seat frame
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia