Some sad news...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Some sad news...

Post by moonshadow »

For those who recall the man that I wrote of in this thread... (click link)

Jenn informed me some time ago that the man who was known as Michael Rouse apparently met his death September 26th 2016 after he was struck by a car late night in Marion VA while he was walking home after visiting his son. Apparently according to reports, Michael would walk from Marion to Chilhowie every Monday to visit his young son, which is about 11 miles one way. It appears the car he was living in had broken down.

News I especially hated to hear. I was really rooting for him to get on his feet, and as his death comes around the same time of the recent writings on this site of what I'd like to call the "war on men", I can't help but feel that if Michael had the support network that the women of this country have, he might be alive today.

:(

May you rest in peace Mr. Rouse, your struggle is over. I hope I may shake your hand again on the other side...

http://www.swvatoday.com/news/smyth_county/article_2b766ae2-84db-11e6-80d2-a30064301f17.html
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Some sad news...

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:( I'm sorry to hear this news. I know you were really hoping that this man would get on his feet and prosper.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.