Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Just shouting out to Dillon, I was thinking it's been a good while since we've heard from him....
I think the explosion over political BS a while ago drove him off.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote:
moonshadow wrote:Just shouting out to Dillon, I was thinking it's been a good while since we've heard from him....
That is a shame. While the political BS about drove me crazy (not a long drive :bom: ) I would not just take offense and leave without at least saying something about why I was leaving. Of course I am a bit thick skinned when it comes to polytics. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
crfriend wrote:
That is a shame. While the political BS about drove me crazy (not a long drive :bom: ) I would not just take offense and leave without at least saying something about why I was leaving. Of course I am a bit thick skinned when it comes to polytics. :lol:
Well that is a shame. However he did engage in a few of the debates. Oh well. I myself am guilty of a few political discussions on this site. There are a few other topics that have been danced around lately that have irked me to some extent, but I simply don't comment on those to keep the drama down. I've working towards the conclusion that the people of the world are going to do what they are going to do regardless of what I think, so there is really no reason for comment.

My style, my beliefs, and my worldly actions are how I spread my message across the world. I don't need to come on the internet to rub people the wrong way with my ideas... I do a fine enough job of that just walking around in Walmart! :lol:

Even on my other sites, pinterest, Flickr, etc, when a hater comes on, I don't even bother engaging the discussion... at the first sign of bigotry: BLOCK! Ain't nobody got time for that!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

The opening screen informed me I haven't been on since January 22nd.
My reason: I first started showing symptoms of what turned out to be colon cancer right around Christmas (pain in the gut followed by noise in the gut and the pain would go away (for the moment)).
Bearing a Y chromosome, I of course passed it off as gas and put up with it. Finally went to primary care in January but decided to watch and wait some more. After a painful weekend went back to PCP and got a referral to gastroenterologist. Foolishly convinced her that it was still gas and choose to watch and wait some more. The problem would be better or worse from day to day. Finally, after a weekend with no sleep I got an appointment with gastro doctor again on Monday and blood tests were ordered and CT scan ordered for later in the week. (this was about 2nd week of February) By that Friday I had the news that I had a 4.5x3.5cm mass at the far end of the colon where the small intestine connects and it had spread to the liver. Over the next several weeks I had a colonoscopy to sample the tumor, an appointment with a surgeon to discuss removing it and finally, surgery on March 3. Surgery went well and I was discharged three days later (Monday). But I didn't take good care of myself at home and ended up being re-admitted to the hospital through the emergency room with severe dehydration and jaundice. I was in the hospital for 11 or 12 nights during which time I had more CT scans, ultrasound of the liver and near by organs, endoscope to insert stents in the bile duct and a duct from the liver, and a port inserted in my chest for chemotherapy infusion. I was finally discharged after my first round (two days) of chemo on the condition that my brother and SIL take me home and watch over me. I spent three nights with them and them another brother took me home and watched over me for a couple more days.
I've managed not to dehydrate myself since. I get another two day infusion every other Monday which leaves me without energy for a week or more and a who cares attitude about life. To the best of my knowledge, this cancer is not curable (and DNA tests show it to be one of the more aggressive genotypes) so when I get some loose ends tied up (still have to make a will) I will go to hospice status and make my exit. I'll write a final goodby before I go.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

So sorry to hear about you. I wish you all the best, whatever that may be.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Oh my, Stuart! I am very saddened to hear this. Here's hoping you can beat the odds.

Wrapping up loose ends is always a good idea (or at least lashing them down where nobody can find them) and can bring enormous peace of mind -- and do not discount the power of the mind.

Best of luck sir!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Stuart,
I am profoundly sorry to read your latest post. From what you say it appears that your remaining time with us is limited and I do hope your family can arrange that it is as comfortable as possible.

I always enjoyed your posts and I know you inhabit a very agreeable part of the US which is conducive to skirting.

I wish you the very best,

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

stuart, I would also like to add my condolences. It's always sad to hear bad news. Like the others I do hope that there will be some remission. I have enjoyed your posts and hope to hear more happier ones. :cry:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

So sorry to hear about your health, I know they have said it isn't curable, however, the people I have known who have had cancer have all managed to last years beyond their "best before" date and continued to lead good lives for most of their extended stays. Stay positive, stay skirting and keep taking the pills!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Stuart :D
Glad to read you again and I'm very saddend by your news. :faint: :(

Wishing you the very best, from Texas :!: :pray:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Stuart, I am so saddened by your news. I hope you all the best and don't give up on life. You can beat it others have. Please keep us informed and I am adding you to my prayers.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I may have overstated my case a bit when I said I didn't have a great amount of time left. It was more a case of have having poor quality of life between biweekly chemotherapy sessions that was making me consider not continuing.
But, I had a heart-to-heart with my oncologist before my infusions (three this time, added Avastin to the mix) and we will adjust the drugs as necessary to improve my quality of life. As long as the two indicators she is watching from my blood tests continue to improve or not get worse (one is nearly back to normal) she is going to work with me to continue to reduce or eliminate one or two of the drugs that have side effects and stretch the interval between sessions. She also said because I started off in very good health before the colon cancer reared its head, I am responding better than many of her patients. I could last as much as two years with the current chemo regime.
One last hope, she said there are a couple of trials for ramping up the body's own immune response to go after the cancer. Publication of the study results may be months away.
I love my oncologist. I spend two weeks being down as the drug side effects sap me of energy to get out and the will to do daily tasks, but she is an incredible optimist and, like today, gives me something to look forward to.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Stuart G

Post by Grok »

I can emphasize with your situation, Stuart. I had surgery and chemo for colon cancer back in 2011.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Not trying to get your hopes up and I don't know where you would get supplies but this article appeared in some of the papers over the weekend, the DM article being only one of them:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ancer.html
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

If every member would think up an interesting topic there would be more responses and would stimulate activity. I like finding interesting threads.