How commercials miss-lead people

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

How commercials miss-lead people

Post by Uncle Al »

Cute & Funny! Great humor from the Brits :D

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligen ... dyson.html

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: How commercials miss-lead people

Post by Sinned »

I've never seen that advert on tele over here. I wonder if it's a spoof advert.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Someone went to a lot of work if it is a spoof, but I can't imagine them actually showing that without offending a lot of portly ladies, so maybe it was canned before it was ever shown? It was clever, though.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I just watched it, and my suspicion is that it's either a spoof or a one-off internal concept piece.

But, yes, hilarious -- and a brilliant satire of "size 0". "Size Zero sans Photoshop.")

That said, I do have a weakness for some British vacuum-cleaner adverts -- especially the one from the '80s which claimed, "Nothing sucks like a VAX!", which on the other side of the pond was Digital Equipment Corporation's (DEC's) new flagship 32-bit supermini. A lawsuit did arise from the matter and the judges finally ruled that the two so-named devices really could not be realistically compared nor confused with one another and both trademarks held up. But the incident does live on in the minds and memories of computer-historians. (This author's take on the matter was that, yes, the VAX sucked; it sported a bloated instruction set, a design too far ahead of its time, and an execution speed that made sloths look sprightly. Data General's (DG's) 32-bit Eclipse had similar issues but was a tad faster.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I know this topic is a little old but I wanted to add something to it. A commercial made in Japan that is made to trick the audience.

https://youtu.be/fG61A7PCCLE
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

OK it says it's a funny ad but TBH \I found it interesting but not funny. But then my sense of humour is obviously not tuned to the Japanese level. Not sure after all that whether the students were male or female. Or was that the point of the ad. Or was it just that with the right makeup one could be made to look like the other. But then we all knew that already, right? :?:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

My theory is that the film was run backwards and for the make-up applying/stripping bit, filmed at delayed action speed, so they all started off as blokes and they applied the wigs & make-up to make them 'girls'.

No humour, of course, just presumably an ad or make-up & wigs.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !