Modular computer coming soon

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Modular computer coming soon

Post by Tor »

Well, soon is a relative term here. Just came across this interesting little future device:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop

The important bits kept separate from all of the peripherals and in a modular form. Works as a desktop or laptop. Rather low power, but that includes low power consumption. I have thoughts of doing something like the micro-laptop someone else did with the R-pi. I could see some use for that as a travelling computer. Tiny, and low power, but easy to carry, and easy to give it a superb battery life. Maybe a 7" screen and a mini keyboard that might actually be reasonably typeable, while still fitting in a cargo pocket.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Modular computer coming soon

Post by denimini »

Looks a sensible way to go. I always try and use open source software and was thinking of building up a mini itx - but I need a good graphics card for my work. I don't mind low power as it usually means low heat and low noise. Be interesting to watch this space. Normal laptops are awful to work on and have so much proprietary stuff in them.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia