Gun control

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Gun control

Post by oldsalt1 »

very interesting thanks for posting the link.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

So if the bad guy or whatever pawn of the moron you voted for has thousands of rounds and Hundreds of weapons, the point is my right to bear arms and protect my self "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" Its hard for folks who have been protected all their lives to fathom... hang in there, I really think you have the ability to get over this disconnect. You are Well intentioned, so I submit this respectfully.
Scott
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

Good one Tom!
Love your perspective! Though I don't always agree! (Minor cultural differences...)
R/S,
Scott
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

LOL!
Let's licence cars and baseball bats to only those who "Conform" to the leftist perspective!...and they call themselves "Liberal"??
As long as they're on the left... they can't be held accountable for anything they do!
Could be different in your country Tom, I honestly don't know, but here, if it wernt for a double standard, the RATS wouldn't have any standards at all!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Scott,

Taking your comments in turn:

1. I’m not aware of anyone I know with hundreds of weapons and thousands of rounds. That’s not the sort of person I would want to know or be around.

2. Tom lives in Ireland. It’s rather safer (per capita, and per any other measure) than the USA. Over-use of Guinness might be an issue, but that’s about it. You don’t find much gun ownership in Ireland, nor (by all accounts) do you find hotbeds of communist insurgents.

3.licensing things isn’t a problem in a civilised trusting system. It’s not about left or right; it’s about accountability.

I hope I interpreted your comments correctly.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I had forgotten that I had posted on this topic,

The 'right to bear arms' here means that on our few sunny days per year you can bare them & get a tan, if that's what you want. We live a very placid existence here and no-one we know has weapons of any kind.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Kirbstone wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:29 pm I had forgotten that I had posted on this topic,

The 'right to bear arms' here means that on our few sunny days per year you can bare them & get a tan, if that's what you want. We live a very placid existence here and no-one we know has weapons of any kind.

Tom
Maybe knives in the kitchen - tools in shed - chemicals - whatever - murder in the "Nth" degree - think about it long enough for this madness to gel into something !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Ray,

1. I think the reference to hundreds of guns and thousands of rounds referred to the government (pawns of electors officials). Does your comment about not wanting to meet them still stand?

2. We over-regulate alcohol here, and probably have a far more unhealthy relationship with it as a result.

3. Would licensing baseball bats really be okay? That was his example. There has got to be a limit. Not everything needs regulations, even if they can be misused.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

RM,

Talking of alternative 'weapons', there's a lovely amusing board game out since Time began, called 'Cluedo', in which players are required to deduce who committed a murder in a large house and with what. One of the suggested weapons is a candlestick!

The game is called 'Clue' in the US, I think.

Tom
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I have a CLUE that you are on to something -

Weapons -
Candlestick
Lead Pipe
Revolver
Dagger
Rope
Spanner (Wrench)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=clue+game ... 211725ed08
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Dust

Since the only armed representatives of the government (a body of people) are the armed services (a body of people), your point is somewhat otiose. I perceived the comment to be about one individual. However I’m happy to meet members of the Armed Services. I was one such member myself. They are highly unlikely to be bearing arms. I would not allow any weapons to be brought into my house though, unless on a policeman (again, highly unlikely).

Baseball bats? I don’t see a need to license them - but if there were a spate of killings involving Louisville Sluggers, then I might change my mind. I absolutely support the licensing of firearms.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Why then, can I not purchase a nuclear warhead?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:47 am A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Exactly! If the purpose of bearing arms is to protect against a tyrannical government we need something that matches what the Pentagon has.

</sarcasm>
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:47 am A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Because the temptation to use it would be irresistible?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nah! Trolling gunshops online only reveals that they are all fresh out of nuclear suitcase bombs. Anything larger would be just too cumbersome for a guy to handle alone.

I'll go back to the Rev. Plum and the candlestick in the conservatory.

Tom