LGBT Pride weekend

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

LGBT Pride weekend

Post by rick401r »

I attended the local Pride festivities yesterday. I planned to wear a skirt from "across the aisle" but settled on a kilt instead. In the evening I went to a drag show at a local club. Someone pointed out that I was the only one skirted beside the gurls on stage. It was great fun and everyone was super nice.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: LGBT Pride weekend

Post by dillon »

I would have like to have attended some Pride festivities, in solidarity, but it is very difficult to get information about such events here. Too, it seems that for some reason, a lot of Pride events in NC are held in the fall. Not sure why. Regardless, I do know that Equality NC has an all-day concert series planned for late July in the Brooklyn Arts Center, in Wilmington, to unite in protest of HB2. Hopefully we can boot some of those hateful hicks out of the Legislature. I will attend that. I'm hoping my son will be able to come home around that time and perhaps attend as well. My wife and daughter will be traveling abroad at that time.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

rick401r wrote:Someone pointed out that I was the only one skirted beside the gurls on stage. It was great fun and everyone was super nice.
I noticed on Friday night at the restaurant/bar in the hotel where I was staying that a lot of the women there wore skirts. I think I was in the "sweet spot" of hot weather and a desire to dress up at least a little. I hope this means that the pendulum of women's fashion is swinging back towards skirts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Orange Apple wrote:
rick401r wrote:Someone pointed out that I was the only one skirted beside the gurls on stage. It was great fun and everyone was super nice.
I noticed on Friday night at the restaurant/bar in the hotel where I was staying that a lot of the women there wore skirts. I think I was in the "sweet spot" of hot weather and a desire to dress up at least a little. I hope this means that the pendulum of women's fashion is swinging back towards skirts.
When Rick said "gurls" I don't think he meant literal girls...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...