Where's Carl?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Where's Carl?

Post by moonshadow »

I haven't had my daily dose of crfriend in like 4 days! :shock:

Carl? Did you loose your way in the Atlantic? Should we send a search and rescue??
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Re: Where's Carl?

Post by Uncle Al »

He's still on a cruise, as part of the crew delivering a sailboat to
it's new owners. He should be back around the middle of the week.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote:He's still on a cruise, as part of the crew delivering a sailboat to
it's new owners. He should be back around the middle of the week.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Oh okay... well that's good. The cafe just isn't the same around here without Mr. Friend.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Carl probably needs this sailing break. I hope it goes well for him. I don't use the internet when I'm out on the Briny, but some of my sailing pals bring their satellite phones with them and conduct their business almost as normal while underway.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Carl? Did you loose your way in the Atlantic? Should we send a search and rescue??
I'd like to think I'm a better navigator than that! To get out into the North Atlantic would have meant that we overshot Race Point on Cape Cod, and I'm not about to let that happen unless the plan is to sail outside of Cape Cod (a rather risky undertaking).

In any event, I'm back, moderately sunburnt having spent 8 days in the sun, and I'm definitely feeling the effects. I laid down a few minutes ago, on a bed that's decidedly "on the hard", and I can still feel the boat swing below me. It'll take a few days before that sensation subsides.

Thanks for asking, though. It's rather humbling to be "missed".

The overall itinerary was from Boston to Provincetown, MA, thence through the Cape Cod Canal to Marion, MA (a spectacular run!). We picked up the Skipper's girlfriend and a friend of hers in Marion, then went through Woods Hole to Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard, goofed around in Nantucket Sound for a day, and then headed back to Marion to discharge the girls, and then spent Wednesday asea on Buzzards Bay.

'Twas a good trip. I picked up a couple of new skirts in Provincetown, almost bought a tunic in Oak Bluffs but demurred at the last moment as I couldn't size the thing properly, and then it was all over save for a missed turn in Woods Hole on the way back and a nasty Buzzards Bay fog threatening to descend on us in mid-afternoon on Wednesday which saw us run for shore like the dickens.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote:Carl probably needs this sailing break. I hope it goes well for him.
I most certainly needed it, and it went quite well, indeed. Thanks for the kind wishes.

However, I am glad to be home once again, and it was entirely nice to be back in my own bed on solid ground. I still feel like I'm bobbing up and down a bit, though, but know that sensation will quiet down in a couple of days' time.

I'm hoping to get copies of the actual track-made-good in the next few days once the Skipper gets them out of his 'phone (which has a GPS tracker in it) and into "Google Earth" (which I'll then try to export and convert into GPX format for viewing in OpenCPN which is what I use.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!