When the "world at large" pays me a visit...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

When the "world at large" pays me a visit...

Post by moonshadow »

I suppose one of the reasons I have made relatively quick progress in wearing my skirts "out and about in the world at large", is because "the world at large" (or a little piece of it) pays me a visit every weekend with a fresh batch of vacationers just a stones throw from my back window.

My house has zero privacy. I'm surrounded by neighbors homes on front, and both sides, and behind me is a 15 site RV park. Unless I choose to wear my skirts indoors ALL of the time with the shades drawn, almost immediately I was exposed to strangers "eyes" when I started wearing skirts. So the decision to "get out there" came pretty quick.

I've also had a fair amount of exposure to all walks of life right here near the house. Granted the vacationers in the RV park tend to be the "yuppie" type that probably don't mind what I wear for the most part, but just a few houses up the road, lives a household of white trash, welfare rednecks. The type of people that love to harass anything different. Consisting of wife beaters, "baby's daddies", and meth addicts, of which the cops show up almost weekly, sometimes in great numbers.... and yet I still stroll right past their house all the time in my skirts. They stare and give me strange looks... but I'd much rather be "me" any day over that riff raff... :roll:

So the experience has given me a unique start to my skirt wearing adventures. It started right here at home.

Still, I'd like to find a place a little more private. Whereas I'm pretty comfortable wearing the clothing of my choice, I have yet to draw down the moon around an open fire as I used to do in Pulaski. I'm not sure what's the bigger taboo around here... men in skirts or witchcraft. To engage in both at the same time might be a little more than my landlord is willing to put up with... Not to mention, while I enjoy showing off my style... my spirituality and religion is NOT a side show. I prefer quiet places of solitude to practice (contrary to what the Bible says of Pagans). Would love to find a place deep in the mountains. Maybe someday.

A view from my back kitchen window this morning...

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Re: When the "world at large" pays me a visit...

Post by Orange Apple »

Interesting story, Moon.

I am in pretty much the opposite situation. I live in rural MN, nestled into the cornfields. There's a house across the street, but the closest one to the east is more than a mile away. If I am working in my garden I am basically a speck to the folks driving by. So when I started wearing skirts in the house, it was in total privacy except for my wife, who supports me completely.

I don't know quite why or how, but I graduated pretty quickly to wearing a skirt in public. Maybe it was because I had already developed the attitude of "If you don't like the way I look, it's your problem" from toting around my pair of obvious boobs.

If we lived closer to each other I'd be happy to loan you my secluded location, complete with fire pit, for whatever use you care to make of it. The fire pit gets entirely too little use; it's very pleasant to sit beside a nice fire by the pond, but it's much nicer to have a group doing it, and somehow that just doesn't seem to happen very often. The downside for being secluded.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Back when I was married and had two incomes I bought about 50 acres of heavily wood land with no easements. I live in the middle of this track of land and have virtually unlimited privacy. I used to mow the grass in my BDay suit ( I was considerably slimmer then! :lol: ) It was just really nice. I still live here but have let the land go back to nature, one it means less pollution from the tractor and mowers, two it saves money, three I now see more wildlife walking around the place. This is where I started to wear my skirts, making it easy to become so comfortable wearing them that when I made my first outing it was not all that hard on my nerves. :faint: After the world did not end and the ground did not open and swallow me It became so easy that now I wear my skirts everyday and every where I go. When I go to town I usually end up going to some store or restaurant that I have never been to skirted so I get a new experience every time. :hooray:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, blinds, whilst affording privacy do have the disadvantage of cutting down a lot on light, so we have what are called net curtains, or just nets, that either go full length on the window or just cover the lower half. They are held up with a curtain wire, coiled inner with generally white plastic covering, with hook at either end and an eye screwed into the window. The idea is that the nets provide a semi-opaque, mostly patterned, so that people can't see in but the light is still let in and you can more or less see out because you are closer to the net material. They may provide you with a degree of privacy.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.