Ronnie Corbett

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Ronnie Corbett

Post by Gregg1100 »

We have just lost the second half of the Two Ronnies. Ronnie Corbett died today. He will be missed in the UK. British comedy at it's best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

To mention two, out of many.

RIP Ron.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Ronnie Corbett

Post by skirtingtoday »

RIP indeed.

Every Xmas it was THE programme to watch. Unbelievably (nowadays) up to 22million folk watched it too when the "Two Ronnies" show was on.

And I did see the "4 candles" was trending on Twitter yesterday.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Too bad about the death. :cry:

Those video's were hilarious! You all have some cool TV over there.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I was also a great fan of his, and of the Two Ronnies, too. One of Ronnie Corbett's funniest recent sketches was his 'blackberry' one. Full of computereese.

A twist on Neil Armstrong's words was:
A small step for (a) man....a giant leap for......Ronnie Corbett!'

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Somehow Christmas without The Two Ronnies and Morecambe and Wise just won't be the same. The end of a golden era in humour.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I used to watch the Two Ronnies on the smaller, more adventuresome Bay Area public television station back in the mid-'80s. I suppose the shows were not current even then, but they were fun. Sadly, that station was taken over by the SF public media Goliath in the '90s which has apparently gotten itself over extended. It seems to be in beg mode about 60% of the time.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I used to watch the Two Ronnies on the smaller, more adventuresome Bay Area public television station back in the mid-'80s. I suppose the shows were not current even then, but they were fun. Sadly, that station was taken over by the SF public media Goliath in the '90s which has apparently gotten itself over extended. It seems to be in beg mode about 60% of the time.

Our PBS station is in beg mode about half the time it is on the air. I don't think the financial problems lay with the locals as much as the national parent. While our other state educational TV station only gets into beg mode about a forth of the time. And they need the $$ because the national PBS is jacking the prices of the shows they will allow the local SCETV station to get. The Public broadcasting station giant is now run by some money hungry Asshats to be sure.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.