Tree Trimming in remote areas

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Tree Trimming in remote areas

Post by Uncle Al »

THIS is not your average tree trimmer. :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :santa: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Tree Trimming in remote areas

Post by Jim »

We had something like this clearing the high voltage right of way through our farm a year ago. Makes a real racket, and a mess. But probably better than running bulldozers.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I'd like to turn that machine loose in my back yard. I have neglected my landscape for a few years and now the Carolina Jasmine has gone wild and taken over some of the pines and dogwoods, along with devil's walking stick, and smilax briar. Anyway, I am cleaning it up now, and burning some big piles of vines and brush. I bought a new Stihl chainsaw after my 31 year-old 028 finally burnt up the coils, which would have been over 60% the cost of a new saw. The 290 cuts like a hot knife through butter. I have a good source of oak firewood for the sawing, but four days of rain will keep me off that farm, even with a 4WD pickup.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

dillon wrote:I'd like to turn that machine loose in my back yard. I have neglected my landscape for a few years and now the Carolina Jasmine has gone wild and taken over some of the pines and dogwoods, along with devil's walking stick, and smilax briar. Anyway, I am cleaning it up now, and burning some big piles of vines and brush. I bought a new Stihl chainsaw after my 31 year-old 028 finally burnt up the coils, which would have been over 60% the cost of a new saw. The 290 cuts like a hot knife through butter. I have a good source of oak firewood for the sawing, but four days of rain will keep me off that farm, even with a 4WD pickup.
I hear ya, Dillon. Our backyard has been neglected for at least 22 years. My roommate [and "landlord'] and his dad bought the place and neither one really cared about the backyard. A good friend of mine and I were talking about cleaning up the mess and putting in a garden. My roommate said, "No problem here... go for it!" That saw in the video would be WAY overkill for what we're doing but there's always wishful thinking! )

--Rick

P.S. Thanks for posting the video, Al!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Almost as much overkill as Kari, in Mythbusters, cutting down a pine tree with a .50 cal. minigun. It was faster than a chainsaw, but messier :lol: And that Girl had a blissful look on her face.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

You could certainly do that with a machine gun. I consulted on lead remediation from soil on a military base machine gun range once, and wanted to do some additional sampling. I was told that it was difficult to find a time when the range was not in active use to work there. I suggested I could go whenever they were mowing the grass or had a few minutes down time. I was told that the gunners kept the grass mowed...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...