Fuel and Boy-Racer

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Fuel and Boy-Racer

Post by Kirbstone »

It's that time of Year again, and a fresh delivery of peat meant temporarily evicting our little boy-racer from his dry shed. I decided not to provide King Wenceslas with anything to 'look out' at on Dec. 26th, and got in plenty of fuel for the (Kilt 0n) fire.
Rs Turf shed & soap box car 1.jpg
The little boy racer has a zero carbon footprint and relies totally on gravity or a good push for its thrills. Thirty two years ago I built this for my then eight-year-old eldest boy. The colour scheme was revamped five years later for my second boy, the eldest having by then grown out of it.
Kilt-on-Fire, Turf & Soapbox Car. Rs.jpg
A quarter century of hard knocks show somewhat, and a few years ago we had new rims re-spoked onto the original wheel hubs. Just recently it required a little keyhole surgery on the rack and pinion steering, and now all is well for the forthcoming invasion of grandchildren next Wednesday. It's a real wow with them!

Tom K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !