Seasons Change with a Vengeance!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

Seasons Change with a Vengeance!

Post by DALederle »

Wow! FCOL! (For Crying Out Loud!)
It has been a cold, wet and gloomy spring so far. A few nice days and then back to colder temps more like late Feb. or early March. Maybe the lower 70s, which felt really good, or upper 60s, not bad either, and then back into the upper 30s to mid 40s.
OMG!
That ended yesterday with a vengeance. As if the weathers gods were laughing at me for wanting warmer weather. A record high, officially, of 95 F. in Elgin, the nearest larger city to Carpentersville. At my house it hit 98 F. OUCH!
The day started off nice, in the upper 60s and I knew it was forcast to be warm so I started out in t-shirt and kilt and mocasins. Just a single layer of clothes. I had plans for the day. Bringing over the garbage cans to fill them before putting the out for the next days pick up. Get out our fans and putting them up in the hall and livingroom window. Everything was fine. But about noon I began to sweat. And then the heat crept up on me.
I almost passed out in the heat before I realised in was 88 F. INSIDE my house. I slammed the doors and windows shut, turned on our central air conditioner and collapsed in my chair in the living room with a cold glass of lemonade and three tylonal for the heat headache I suddenly had. This is not a joke. I had almost fainted before I got to my chair. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had fainted before I turned on the air. My wife would have come home from work and it might have been a dire scene that greated her.
So today I'm being extra cautious, since the mid to upper 80s are predicted.
I am enjoying the mild morning but plan to go back to the air conditioning around noon! This is about the earliest I can remember using my air in a season. From temps of the late March to mid July in 24 hours. Crazy weather we're having. Hay! Anyone think the end of days is just around the corner?
:lol:
Dennis A. Lederle
Live Long and Perspire!