A guilty pleasure!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

A guilty pleasure!

Post by DALederle »

I just watched and enjoyed a kids movie. Not one of the big name movies from Pixar or Disney! This was the improbable Yogi Bear movie from last summer. A movie aimed solely at the 5-9 year old market. Not in anyway offensive. But I laughed all the way through.
Years ago I watched the Rocky the Flying Squirrel TV shows with my longer sister. I was a teenage at the time so I had to pretend to NOT be interested in them but my kid sister loved them. Since we had only one TV in our house back then I watched with her while doing my homework (when I had to, which is why I never went on to college). Later the show was renamed as Bullwinkle and moved to prime time (and my dad really enjoyed it then too). He also enoyed it when Hanna-Barbara put on Huckle-berry Hound and Yogi Bear spun off from Huckle-Berry Hound. The whole family began to enjoy these simple carton shows. Dad especially liked Pixie and Dixie, which always reminded me of Tom and Jerry.
Yes, I also watched the Flintstones and the Jetsons.
I still marvel at my dads sense of humor. It was wide ranging as was his sense of fun. He loved westerns and detective movies and what we now call action and adventure films. That how I learned to like Errol Flyn's movie (his Robin Hood is still the best in my oppionion) and John Wayne movies. The only thing my dad and I disagreed upon was Sci-Fi, he seemd to think Sci-Fi was total waste of time. Of course, for dad sci-fi was defined as Flash Gordon and the various serial rip-offs. But I learned to enjoy a really large range of things from my dad. For all his many other faults, which we all have. Mine must range in the thousands at least, by now.
The strange thing is that my mom never got Yogi Bear, et.al and neither did my ex-wife and my wife. They all laughed at some of the jokes but really didn't care enough to want to watch the shows when they were on. Maybe it's a guy thing like the Three Stooges, but I never like the Three Stooges. So go figure!
Anyway, if you can turn off your logic center enough to accept a pair of talking bears try it!
:lol:
Dennis A. Lederle
Smarter the the average bear, I hope!