As seen on TV!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
DALederle
Member Extraordinaire

As seen on TV!

Post by DALederle »

Okay, I meant this to be an on going discussion on the ridiculous things we see on TV. Like my post on what the movies taught us, it's not meant for deep thoughts. It's a kind of stream of thought thing. So after we see something we can post it here.
I was watching the Doctor Who episode where he meets Van Gogh. They're in France, near Flanders I think. And Vincint Van Gogh is running around talking with a Scottish accent. Is that all the BBC can come up with?
A french accent is too hard for them? Or Dutch at least. There's some wiggle room there. But Scottish?
Also I've noticed that the doctor's female companions jump around in different time periods, wearing modern clothes and no one cares? There were some periods in time when a micro miniskirt would have gotten the woman in a lot of trouble the minute she stepped out of the Tardis.
Now, keep in mine, I love the show itself and watch it all the time.
But it's just the same as when in the Hercules program were he wore leather pants.
Anyone else got some silly messages TV tries to give us?

Dennis A. Lederle
:D