Is everyone alright?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Is everyone alright?

Post by Uncle Al »

The Cafe' has been extremely quiet the past few days.
What's the matter? The coffee to strong? :shaking2: Weak? :mrgreen:
I just made a fresh pot, so grab a cup and pull up
a chair. :D

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Is everyone alright?

Post by r.m.anderson »

I think I know -
Since this is the winter of Shakespears discontent -
March "Madness" came in like a lamb and roared out like a lion -
Skirts & kilts have now taken a back seat to other unorganized activity.
"Don't worry be happy" - the Alfred E Newman syndrome.
Surely there is a plausible explanation for this - but I be damn if I know
what it is.
"Carry On"!
Uncle Al: you can have your coffee (plain) and the Brits can have their -
"Cheerio and a spot of tea".
I am going to have a Scottish coffee and get ready for the 'Main Event'
on Monday "USA National Tartan Day".
Gotta fortify my system reserves - weather forecast calls for being on
the tail end of a blizzard - that means an awful lot of forceful air conditioning
in places where it just ain't ala natural.
That's enough of this blarney; malarkey folderal and balderdash.
I am so wound up from 'April Fools day' - a good ole fashion blizzard is
what I need to calm the nerves.

Now what where you saying Uncle Al?

"KILT-ON"
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Ah've had nuttin ter say, Bin Laden--oops Ah mean lurkin (go away with that flouro orange jump suit, I don't wanna go ter that part of Cuba!) . I have been spending more time researching bowed dulcimers, cross strung harps, kanteles and other unorthodox musical instruments. I've just pinched myself and, ouch! yes, I'm still alive.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

deleted
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Uncle Al wrote:The Cafe' has been extremely quiet the past few days.
What's the matter? The coffee to strong? :shaking2: Weak? :mrgreen:
I just made a fresh pot, so grab a cup and pull up
a chair. :D

Uncle Al
Duncanville, TX
I'm here and fine (though still looking for work). I've just not felt the need to say much lately.

One of the good things about being in the company of friends is that you can have a companionable silence while strangers always feel the need to fill the void with words.

Thanks for the fresh coffee and have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Things, for me, at work are getting extraordinarily dire and insane; I anticipate joining the ranks of the unemployed late this month, if not earlier. Because of the pressure and harassment "on the clock" I just haven't been able to keep up a normal life "off the clock" -- and, sadly, that includes skirt-wearing. I suppose I should take some of one of my good friend's advice and keep repeating to myself, "It's only a job. It's only a job."

One of my colleagues at work wore in a T-shirt the other day with a wonderful saying on it: "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same." I rather like that sentiment, and am bouyed by being in the presence of individuals who have the guts to be individuals.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

As some know, I've recently got better access, so been into this cafe and some other spots keeping them busy during the recent lull. Thanks for starting this subject. I was wondering if I was offending anyone, but couldn't imagine how.

The update on employment is the biggest bummer!

I hope my disability check keeps coming so I don't have to become competition or join those other long lines.

It is good that friends can be quiet for awhile though. Gives you a chance to catch your breath.

I love that T shirt saying.

Tom
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

crfriend wrote:...One of my colleagues at work wore in a T-shirt the other day with a wonderful saying on it: "You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same." I rather like that sentiment, and am bouyed by being in the presence of individuals who have the guts to be individuals.
i've had that on my work coffee-cup for a couple of years!
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

I've been getting hit in the head with one brick after another.

Kids have been sick a lot, plus (as often around this time of year) school issues are starting to pile up. Elder son had wisdom teeth removed. Mother died (as mentioned elsewhere) and, when I got back, my hard drive was dead (cue: all-nighter installing Linux on new disk, plus time spent remembering work-arounds for RH9 idiocies and bugs. Add red face for when last backup was.) Plus all the work issues that for some idiotic reason, only I am judged capable of or responsible for dealing with. And other bricks-on-the-head that don't bear repeating.

Fortunately, the next 3 weekends, kids and I will be away and out of Crackberry range. (Also out of computer range.)

Plus, I'm spending time actually wearing skirts, so I have less time to post about them.

(Cue joke: Good Quaker (tm) dies and is on the road to Heaven when he sees a fork in the road. Left is Heaven, right is Discussion Group about Heaven. Naturally, he takes the right fork.)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

AMM said: (Cue joke: Good Quaker (tm) dies and is on the road to Heaven when he sees a fork in the road. Left is Heaven, right is Discussion Group about Heaven. Naturally, he takes the right fork.)
Makes sense to me, I'd take the correct fork also. :alien: :hide: :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Posting malaise in my case, I just have been quiet everywhere lately. Did get in a visit to Death Valley last week though and the long travel was made entertaining by the discovery of Lewis Caroll's Sylvie and Bruno. :D