Skirts as a defense for covid

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts as a defense for covid

Post by moonshadow »

In thinking about my reply to Coder on the official "covid" thread, I got to thinking about social distancing and the area in which I reside.

It seems that skirts are quite effective in keeping unvaccinated people away from me, additionally my choice to wear skirts seems to push me to avoid places where large swaths of unvaccinated people hang out.

It's a win win... they don't catch "they gay" from me, and I won't catch something that could actually kill me from them! :lol:

Ahh the solitary skirt life. 8)

And thus, another answer to inevitable question is born:

"Why do you wear skirts?"

"It keeps people and their germs away form me..." :mrgreen:

6 foot radius hoop petti anyone?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts as a defense for covid

Post by Big and Bashful »

Where is that "like" button?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm6 foot radius hoop petti anyone?
Right, Scarlett.

I do like the "skirt as bozo-filter" notion, though. It seems to work.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm In thinking about my reply to Coder on the official "covid" thread, I got to thinking about social distancing and the area in which I reside.
That part where you wrote:
I'm a natural social distancer, just ask my mother, who has often picked at me for my refusal to "hug" and get close to people since childhood. And I believe social distancing is my best defense in this area.
You basically described me to a T. I'm generally alone anyhow, with the exception of immediate family, and work to some degree, so am "living the life of an introvert" though it has it's downsides as well.

I supposed there *could* be a skirt design that has multiple onion-like layers - the topmost layer would be clear vinyl and it could be flipped up over the torso when entering establishments. A quick tie at the top and some sort of portable filtration patch, armholes that seal tightly against the skin. Condensation could become an issue, I suppose in some climates... but it would get me closer to my dream safety bubble :D
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

It seems that there is maybe a link between men in skirts, loners and people who, like me, just don't like physical contact. As someone who doesn't like being touched and is happy mostly being alone, Covid is ideal for me, skirted or not!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:39 pm In thinking about my reply to Coder on the official "covid" thread, I got to thinking about social distancing and the area in which I reside.

It seems that skirts are quite effective in keeping unvaccinated people away from me, additionally my choice to wear skirts seems to push me to avoid places where large swaths of unvaccinated people hang out.

How do you figure out who is vaccinated and who is not?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Freedomforall wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:39 am How do you figure out who is vaccinated and who is not?
The little pricks and the ones injected with enthusiasm of course.
Steve,
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Freedomforall wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:39 am How do you figure out who is vaccinated and who is not?
Assume nobody is vaccinated.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.