It's all about "sex"

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Locked
User avatar
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 2425
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:25 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by oldsalt1 »

pelmut wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 pm
oldsalt1 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:45 pm
... They have been openly against President Trump since he started to run for office.
[...]
Ask if they are pro or anti Trump than ask me the above question again
I don't want to know their opinions, they are not relevant to me.  I haven't made any comment on the opinions of the press, only on the words and actions of Donald Trump as reported by the media and I have formed my own opinion of him based on that.

So I will ask the question again:  Have those media reports of the facts been untrue - and, if so, are they lies, or lies of omission?
You say you don't want to know their opinions than don't read any of their commentary because it is based on their interpretation of anything that President Trump does. and their opinions clouds their editorials.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 am
pelmut wrote:So I will ask the question again:  Have those media reports of the facts been untrue - and, if so, are they lies, or lies of omission?
You say you don't want to know their opinions than don't read any of their commentary because it is based on their interpretation of anything that President Trump does. and their opinions clouds their editorials.
You evaded the question with the skill of a politician.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:20 am
moonshadow wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 pm
I know some Trump people have good hearts and souls.. I know this because there are several on this site that I admire, but in the matter of Trump, I vex over how they can be so blind??
One word: "religion".
But how? How can the far right religious wing be so blind to a man who is just so downright unChrist-like??
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
Posts: 11559
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)
Contact:

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:47 am
How can the far right religious wing be so blind to a man who is just so downright unChrist-like??
Different religion. Contemplate, for a moment, those faithful to Usama bin Laden. Same thing. The "saviour" can take many, many, different guises.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
User avatar
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 am
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

In re: Religious Right & Trump: From the 1st time Trump announced who his Supreme Court nominees would be (people who would uphold the Religious Right's positions on "religious freedom"), the Religious Right knew they would be making a deal with the evil ... and they were all in.

Interestingly, one of Bush's speechwriter's wrote a piece for The Atlantic on American evangelicanism and pointed out that the Evangelicals who said they voted for Trump were also the ones who do not attend church regularly. So, who knows; maybe both Trump and the leaders of evangelicalism have both misread that portion of the electorate!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 am
Location: Somerset, England

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by pelmut »

oldsalt1 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 am
pelmut wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 pm
oldsalt1 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:45 pm
... They have been openly against President Trump since he started to run for office.
[...]
Ask if they are pro or anti Trump than ask me the above question again
I don't want to know their opinions, they are not relevant to me.  I haven't made any comment on the opinions of the press, only on the words and actions of Donald Trump as reported by the media and I have formed my own opinion of him based on that.

So I will ask the question again:  Have those media reports of the facts been untrue - and, if so, are they lies, or lies of omission?
You say you don't want to know their opinions than don't read any of their commentary because it is based on their interpretation of anything that President Trump does. and their opinions clouds their editorials.
I don't know how to make it any clearer; I don't read or listen to the opinions of journalists, I form my own opinion based on such facts as I can discover:  I have heard a recording of Donald Trump saying he will get Mexicans to pay to have hundreds of miles of wall built - something he has no power to do and which hasn't happened.  I have heard a recording of him suggesting that drinking disinfectant might be a way to combat a virus.  I have heard recordings of him saying that transgender people will be sacked from the military.  I have read reports of him boasting of sexually assaulting women.  I have heard reports that he describes extreme racists as good allies.

If any one of those things were true, it would be enough to mark him out as a fool or a rogue, collectively they build up a picture of a despicable villain who has brought the office he holds, and the country he heads, into international disrepute.  His antics reflect badly, not just on America but on Americans themselves.  You aren't all sexual predators, vile racists, oppressors of defenceless minorities, belligerent braggards and shameless liars -- so why elect someone who appears to be all of these as your representative and leader?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by moonshadow »

I don't know why he deleted the tweet with one of his supporters chanting "white power!". It's not like it would have hurt him any. Nothing he says will cost him a single vote in his base.

Just leave the damned thing up! Hell... why not just direct tweet "WHITE POWER!" Trump? Watch your base erupt in cheers!

Note even after they removed the tweet, that commie old media asked him if he supported the tweet, to which the white house didn't comment. The son of a b!tch, wouldn't even condemn it. Why should he? He knows which side his bread is buttered on...
User avatar
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4238
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: York, England

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Sinned »

Dan, this is a guy that is attempting to undo the health care provisions installed by Obama IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. He's been shut down on that for the moment but he'll try again. That's how much he thinks of the disfranchised and poor. And as for the media reporting opinions, yes they do. BUT they also report his verbatim comments and show real-time action footage of his comments. Not opinion, but his out of the mouth comments and tweets written by his own free hand. No opionion. If you wish to waste your hard earned then that's your right. Incidentally I think that ALL political contributions are wasted money, irrespective of the party which is why I don't belong to one.

Incidentally, I like John Cleese's short piece on Trump. Don't watch it, Dan, you won't like it. But it pretty much sums up what is thought about Trump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UueGetlwpw
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
MrSoapsud
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 9:59 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by MrSoapsud »

oldsalt1 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 am
England has a wall its called the ocean Does England allow anyone who wants to enter the country.

Why are we supposed to have open borders when hardly any other country in the world does

So in your opinion anyone who wants can just walk into our country And the next day expect us to care for and support him
The UK or Great Britain, of which England is part, is surrounded by sea so yes, just can't just walk in. We have immigration controls on the normal routes in by sea or air.
Similarly, as I understand it, the US has immigration controls and a wall on the parts of the border with Mexico where its border officers believe they need them. I believe that Trump wanted to build a wall in between the existing bits, where the border officers didn't think it was worthwhile. Anyway, I also understand that most illegal immigration to the US is via flights and people overstaying tourist visas rather than via the southern land border?
oldsalt1 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:45 pm
There was a major attempt to impeach President Trump for a supposed phone call . But Biden told a country to get rid of someone who was investigating his son or we would hold up money.. He gave them 6 hours and his threat was pubically recorded but nothing is ever said.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the phone call by Trump (which I understand exists) wanted the Ukraine to do him a favour or else the US would stop sending aid or something?
I can't help thinking there's some confusion here around the words "fair" and "fact"?
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:09 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Faldaguy »

To Pelmut; MrSoapsud; Sinned, et al: It is useless to try to argue logic, or even clearly established facts with Trump or his 'base'. It is like trying to use logic when talking to someone who is certifiable insane or flying on drugs -- it just does not work; you are wasting your breathe and energy, and probably only provoking them, confirming in their mind all the "deep State" and conspiracy theories oft attributed to the 'left and that the nasty media' are out to get Trump. These are mostly desperate, hurting, impoverished folks, sometimes just dolts...(and if you can talk in person you will find many are concerned about similar issues, but have different routes to resolution, often arising out of their fears)--but I doubt we do this forum much good to argue it amongst ourselves. There are more constructive endeavors we can pursue here, with fewer sparks! Scaling K2 in a skirt would be easier!
User avatar
Uncle Al
Moderator
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:07 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX USA

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Uncle Al »

ATTENTION PLEASE

This thread/topic went off the rails towards the bottom of page 1.
If this is such a civilized group, WHY DID YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN :?:

PLEASE get this back on topic :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-2020(and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 4965
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:58 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by moonshadow »

Indeed, it is apparent my pleading has been a wasted effort.

Thus I revert back to my original opinion prior to oldsalt telling me to get the f--k out.

There is no hope here.

I shall unsubscribe. Have at it!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:09 am

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Faldaguy »

"Sex" has always been a tough topic! Amazing what it covers, but as I noted above:
There are more constructive endeavors we can pursue here, with fewer sparks! Scaling K2 in a skirt would be easier!
Moon, Al, Dan, Sinned and cohorts -- none of us is gonna win 'em all; time to fold our hands start anew (or pray :shock: ) -- there is ample stuff out there to keep us all going a good long time without intense rancor. And dang it -- I often learn a useful tidbit even from the rascals among you! Let's leave the field in peace.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 1293
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:36 am
Location: Somerset, England

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by pelmut »

Uncle Al wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 am
ATTENTION PLEASE

This thread/topic went off the rails towards the bottom of page 1.
If this is such a civilized group, WHY DID YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN :?:
I'm not sure what the individual members could have done to prevent the original offensive comment from being posted -- and most of the posts which followed it were relatively mild responses in the circumstances.  It looked as though most replies were trying to stick to the facts and avoid the escalation that often follows blind opinion.
PLEASE get this back on topic :!:
O.K. Does anyone have any further news of the effect of the Supreme Court's decision preventing discrimination on the grounds of sex?  Has it been used to support any cases of unfair dismissal or to prevent the implementation of the policy of sacking trangender people from the military -- or are these early days yet?
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
User avatar
crfriend
Master Barista
Posts: 11559
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:52 pm
Location: New England (U.S.)
Contact:

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 am
If this is such a civilized group, WHY DID YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN :?:
I believe one will find that the politest most demure individuals can get their dander up when deeply offended -- and one heck of a lot of folks are deeply offended at the moment, and not just here, over what's been going on both domestically and internationally. It's like our entire world is being torn apart.

I fear that we are living now in a post-civil society. And it's not likely to return any time soon because the damage is already done and will take a long time to heal. It's like trying to get rid of a nasty scar.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Locked