Non Gendered Children

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Non Gendered Children

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 pm
K_Highlander wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 am I see this on occasion in restaurants, the daughter has to go, when out with her dad.
He has no choice as she is too young to send on her own.
And vice versa.
Wow, that's a bad policy! What is a parent supposed to do?
When my girls were small we went to a restaurant for lunch. My youngest had to go to the bathroom very bad so I had to take her to the mens room. When we came out we were verbally roasted for doing so. And were asked to leave the place. My daughter was 4 years old at the time.
This was a huge over reaction as far as I am concerned. They even threatened to call the police.

So I decided that if she had to go, she could pull her pants down and do it in the dinning room if they did not allow me to take her to the mens room.
Last edited by Fred in Skirts on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Crazy, over here I don't think that we have such behaviour. As a parent of a daughter if she had to go to the loo and my sife wasn't available then I would take her into the gents and into a cubicle. I was her father and never got any flack for such and I wouldn't have put up with any either. As for calling the police, I would have called their bluff and dared them to. As for frequenting that establishment again, well, no.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I have two daughters myself. Once they became proper little girls, as opposed to babies (i.e. age more than two, or three maximum), I ceased taking them into the men's rooms/cubicles. If they needed to go to the toilet, I could always find somewhere where the staff would allow a child to use a bathroom. I wouldn't like to be using a toilet or getting changed and someone brought a female child who was cognisant of what was happening, and sex differences, into a men's private space as it is rude. If the sign says a place s for males, then it is for males.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The other "trick" is to use the disabled toilet if there is one. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to have quite the same stigma of an adult male going in with a female child. At least that's my experience.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

I noticed on one of the UK motorway service areas recently a couple of 'family rooms', presumably in an attempt to resolve this problem.