Wooden creations

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wooden creations

Post by Kirbstone » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Hi BL,
Way after!! Hurricanes provided firewood only and the grounds needed just a little gentle tidying-up afterwards.

Good advice. Old recycled timber, nails screws warts an' all were largely used in most of my constructions. Nice holster in pic with neat workshop & empty shelves! In MOH's world empty shelves exist for only a few nanoseconds after they are installed. One cannot deploy a camera in that time.

The green tool in my left hand is a Metabo jigsaw. With a few rechargeable batteries I have portable Metabo angle-grinder, drill and circular saw as well for use around the grounds away from power points. Bigger tools are mains or petrol driven of course and live in our barn.

Intra-oral measurements are in microns or hundredths of a millimeter for certain things. Yes, it's nice to look up at the day's end and tackle something measured merely in mm.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !

beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:13 am

Kirbstone wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:04 pm
...... Nice holster in pic with neat workshop & empty shelves! In MOH's world empty shelves exist for only a few nanoseconds after they are installed. One cannot deploy a camera in that time. .....
Those shelves were empty because I just finished that part of the workbench. Those shelves were filled rather fast, not in a few nanoseconds but not much longer. Storage is always a problem with me, never enough. Half my equipment is mobile and now I'm running out of parking space. Maybe a parking meter will help.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:37 pm

Now that dates you, BL. For I suppose ten years ago now in this neck-o-the-woods parking meters were replaced by solar powered street daleks which dispense tickets for display.
Small & different, MOH requested I replace a Bridge trophy plinth which had gone missing. Simple design for the reapplication of plaques, I stuck a number of bits of teak together, turned them and oiled the result only, no gloss black, which is usual.

Dentists usually break intra-oral fixed bridges up into manageable segments to reduce spans between abutments. A mouth is an even wetter place to place a bridge in than our garden and a three-missing-teeth gap between supporting abutment teeth is about the limit that will last any reasonable time, say a dozen to fifteen years.
Nineteen years ago I fitted by far my largest bridge in our garden spanning the narrows on our lake, some 7 meters or 22 feet. Unlike the recent donkey shelter I selected appropriate preserved timbers and to date the structure shows no deterioration anywhere.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kirbstone on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:13 am

I. Adore. That. Bridge.

Just brilliant!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Great work Kirbstone, the plaque and the bridge is some fine woodworking skills.