What are we wearing as we post, part deux

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

What are we wearing as we post, part deux

Post by Since1982 »

Poiple T-shirt, knee length denim straight skirt, loafers, been playing online poker (razz) all morning and afternoon. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Been into town again earlier today wearing my new denim skirt with a flight jacket, but right now while I'm sitting at my gate legged table, I've changed into a beige polo top and my beige corduroy Union Kilt. I like the way the front overlaps on Union Kilts fall to opposite legs while sitting, creating the impression of long shorts.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
bob striks

Post by bob striks »

At the risk of being seen as out there, I am currently wearing a knee lenght skirt with two petticoats under it. I am not wearing any other graments that would be viewed as for females. Before you judge you should give it a try. they are rather nice and drive my wife crazy ( in a good way).
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

bob striks wrote:At the risk of being seen as out there, I am currently wearing a knee lenght skirt with two petticoats under it. I am not wearing any other graments that would be viewed as for females. Before you judge you should give it a try. they are rather nice and drive my wife crazy ( in a good way).
I've not seen any foto's of men in skirts with petticoats, but it does seem an interesting option. Giving extra layers of protection, and pushing the skirt out a little. Rather nice. I think petticoats are not easily obtainable here, and quite expensive. I'm thinking of the thrilly petticoats. Maybe you use others.

I think they would be rather nice to wear. Once you can break with the idea that men cannot be soft and frilly there's practically no limit to what you can wear.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

Just a quick post and I'll go back to lurking...

Petticoats come in many styles. I'm wearing two petticoats as I type. A plain cotton petticoat is very simple to make, like a full skirt basically. Once you start getting into crinolines etc or tiered with ruffles and lace it gets more complex. They add fullness to a skirt and provide additional layers and airspace for insulation. Anyone who regularly wears them can attest to the fact that while the very outer skirt fabric is icy cold, the inner layers next to the skin are pleasantly warm. No doubt a scientist would install thermocouplers between each layer and measure the decrease in escaping body heat with each successive layer....
A plain serviceable cotton petticoat with no frills would cost you around twenty dollars in my shop...
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

at work, downtown st paul minnesota:

knee-length black/white plaid wrap skirt. (much shorter than my usual ankle-length)
shiny black tights.
upper calf-length low-heeled black boots.
dusty blue fleece sweater.

very light make-up
acrylic nails

the ability to dress as i wish is one of the few good things about my job.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Also at work

Post by JRMILLER »

Also at work. Wearing a guys brown sweater, white polo, broomstick, ankle length, tie-dye skirt (blues, browns on white background), knee-socks and boat shoes! Egad.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

r1g0r and JRMILLER, at work???

Your outfits sound nice. r1g0r, acrylic nails??? nice..

You guys ROCK!
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

sapphire wrote:r1g0r and JRMILLER, at work???

Your outfits sound nice. r1g0r, acrylic nails??? nice..

You guys ROCK!
Yes, AT WORK :shock: :P
Who's the boss? You guys? :P

As I am typing this, I am wearing what I wore out in town today, a below the knee calf length skirt, grey tweed with eight 3/4 length pleats, in black.
Today with a pair of grey cotton tights, and black boots (riding boot style)
A white tank top (Not an M1:roll:) and over that a women's V neck wine coloured sweater, with buttons half way down.
With that a neclace, with clear, blue and black "stones".

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
sapphire
Member Extraordinaire

Post by sapphire »

Peter v,
Sounds great and very stylish!

You guys make me blush. You have such wonderful senses of style and what works for you.

Your styles are all different, but all express that you are men who can put together a look that is yours alone.

BRAVO!
Raakone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Raakone »

Right now, as I've just gotten out of bed....a blue plaid nightshirt, and socks that are white with a bit of grey.
~Ra'akone
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Similar nightshirt

Post by Since1982 »

Black and white nightshirt with stripes vertically. T shirt material. Usually wear my nightshirt all day if I don't plan to go anywhere that day. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
bob striks

Post by bob striks »

"I've not seen any foto's of men in skirts with petticoats, but it does seem an interesting option. Giving extra layers of protection, and pushing the skirt out a little. Rather nice. I think petticoats are not easily obtainable here, and quite expensive. I'm thinking of the thrilly petticoats. Maybe you use others."

I actually do wear the "thrilly" ones. They are very fun option. I wear them under a rather plain skirts that doe not look any more feminine then most skirts. They do offer those added layers for those of use that are bit shy about such things. They are often hard to find. The best way to find them is through the online sites for circle dance and square dance clothing. If you have not ever given them a try I highly recommend you do at least once before dismissing thes as an option.

Have Fun!
crfriend
Master Barista

Whilst posting?

Post by crfriend »

[Looks down]

Well, at the moment I'm wearing a purple (eggplant-coloured, actually) mens dress shirt, my just-back-from-the cleaners red waistcoat, a calf-length black skirt, skin-coloured knee-highs, and black dress shoes.

I also just got back from an evening out in said rig. Sapphire and I mainly went out to ease the sadness that a pair of cats that we are taking care of were causing their original human who happens to be a friend of ours.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

Deleted.
Last edited by SkirtDude on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.