6-yr-old Boy Likes Dresses

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

6-yr-old Boy Likes Dresses

Post by Stu »

Apologies if you have seen this, but this is a TV clip a from last year about a 6-year-old boy in Sweden who likes to wear dresses, and his family and the professionals are very comfortable about it. The clip is in Swedish, but that's pretty similar to English so you should get the gist of what's being said:

http://www6.ur.se/pedagog/tv/tv-for-ped ... sper-6-ar/

The Swedes are quite progressive about this. A couple of years ago, Swedish bus drivers in Göteborg (Gothenburg) wore skirts for work in the summer because it was too warm for their heavy woollen trousers.

Stu
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

That's really progressive, bus drivers with skirts, cool! 8) :lol: :lol: :P

Very interesting, the young boy. All children should be given a choice of male and female clothing to choose from. But that is possibly not practical, logistically and especially financially in most cases. I think that many disbelievers in men and freestyling would be shocked if they were to see the results of afore mentioned. If there was no pressure, either by macho culture, or by the child's dependance on what clothing it gets from it's parents, then I think there would certainly be many more happy men, and many more "born" freestylers here today. Stronger, even, the need for the word frestylers would possibly not be neccessary. Because in that case, we may be so far as to recognise people as people, and not push people into two boxes, which male and female, is so wrong and unfair. But again, when you cannot distinguish the differences, it is natural to manage the black and white definitions. Only when the knowledge is available, can you do away with man and woman, and define people in infinate other qualitys of people by their individual recognisable traits.

Also, the people that have to interact with the child, in the child's direct vicinity need to be aware of what is going on. If they don't understand, then they may act wrongly on what they are seeing, interpretating it wrongly. Also the other children must in conjunction with the other parents be aware of the fact that we are all people, but in two main categories, the ones who give birth and those who don't. The more you ( I ) look at it and describe things, the clearer it is that it's not a simple thing to do on it's own, bringing many complications with it along the way.

IE in a society that only knows that men wear pants and women wear skirts, always, then what happens when a man wears a skirt? Amongst other possibilitys, confusion and misunderstanding. The same may be for children left to choose for themselves, although I am a advocate of trying it.

Once a child has shown it's preferance for clothing, then when it differs from the rule, men manly etc, then a close watch on other characteristics may be wise, to determine where that is comming from, to be able to understand the individual for what he is, and to be able to respect him as being that. ie, a man who has a refined taste for beautiful clothing, or a person of male body, who has very strong femme emotions etc. All this not to discriminate, but to respect, understand, for the full 100 procent, as a person, who's ways are known. Ie if you see a young man in skirts ( obviously supplied by his parents,) and with girly things, you know that he is that soort of person, his true self, and you don't need to question what you see as being out of the norm.

As we still cannot define what makes us tik, for a young child it would be particularly difficult to define if he is hetero, gay, searching, Bi, or whatever, all options being NOT discriminating, but understanding.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

As with adults the same rule is applied to children in most of the cases. A girl can play and look like as she freely chooses while a boy is put into the frame from his birth.Wear blue,play only with cars,soldier,football etc.
There is nothing worse than double standard!
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Damned dialup (broadband is only a mile away) on an antique copper wire phone line. After 25 minutes of download and buffering, the download failed and started over. Running out of time, I gave up and bowed out last night. Evidently, it was very interesting=Damn!
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

English

Post by JRMILLER »

Could someone post a summary (paragraph or two) of the main points covered in the video. I watched it, but really didn't get enough to understand what they were trying to say.

Thanks!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I'm not so sure about people not having problems with this.

One of the first things the mom (who dresses quite like a man, and has an extremely short hair cut), removes the butterfly clips the kid puts on, and then puts him in regular boy clothes.

Then with all the interview shots the look on the people is one of concern, not happiness, or acceptance.

Maybe I am missing something due to the language barrier.
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Post by knickerless »

Has the clip been withdrawn/deleted. All I get is page cannot be dispalyed.

Nick
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Nick

I've just tried it and it works fine on my computer. You do have Windows Media Player, don't you?

Stu
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

video

Post by knickerless »

I have tried to open this program from my laptop and it does work.

However I cannot understand a word they are saying. perhaps we need that transcript.

Nick
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Video boy skirts

Post by Peter v »

I dont know what they are saying, but it LOOKS as if the parents are free enough in their own thinking, and in the boy's close environment the people seem to find it all quite normal, which I at least also think.

Being able to rely on normal clear thinking, respectable people in your direct vicinity, your community, is extremely important. As then there are no inhibitations as to what others may think ( negatively ) of what you are doing.
As we all know.

I would be very interested to see the film with a translation running.

Peter v.
PS liked the look of his Asian dress. Yes, dresses can look good on males too.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Peter

It's in Swedish, which is very similar to English, so you should get the gist of it if you listen carefully enough.

It's quite a long film, but you are right that the boy's parents, teachers and even his school friends are completely "cool" with him wearing dresses, skirts, hair ornaments and so on because that's how he identifies himself - as a little boy but a strong feminine aspect to his persona.

Sweden is a very liberal society which values and practises non-judgmental attitudes. I have worn skirts in Gothenburg, Halmstad and Malmö and never had a second glance.

Stu
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

yes I do

Post by Since1982 »

I have windows media player BUT...all I saw, after 10 minutes of "buffering" was the mother taking the clips from the kids hair, nothing else after another 20 minutes of "buffering" I lost interest and deleted it. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

after another 20 minutes of "buffering" I lost interest and deleted it
Shame. :cry: It's worth watching.

Stu
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

It's funny I can't access it all I get is this from windows media playe and this is from the kids own web site
http://tinyurl.com/29y3cu

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not responding. If you entered a URL or path to play the file, verify that it is correct. If you clicked a link to play the file, the link may not be valid.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Stu

Post by Since1982 »

Stu, it's not that I'm that impatient, just old and trying to get the most of the time I have left. The buffering that was bothering me was the redundancy of it. It would start buffering from 0% and work it's way to 87% and then stop and start buffering over again from 1% and go to 96%, stop again and go back to 3% on to 55%, stop, start over at 2% go to 91%, stop, go, stop, go, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. In a total of 30 minutes trying to enjoy the section I got to watch about 2 actual minutes of the boy putting the butterflies in and out of his hair and that's all I saw. After a solid 20 minutes without ANY pictures at all, of nothing but repeated buffering, I got finally impatient and closed the window. Please tell me of a better viewing program that I can watch it with, I'd love to watch it. Really! :cry:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/