6-yr-old Boy Likes Dresses

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

I can't explain the problems you chaps are having with viewing this - sorry. I just tried again and it came up straight away - all of it - the little lad in his colourful dresses etc. No "buffering" for me, I could watch it straight away. Can't understand it.

Stu
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Communication

Post by JRMILLER »

Guys,
I have no problem receiving it, but I have a commercial grade, high speed connection. Thus, if people are having problems it's probably their connection to the Internet. Videos are huge and require a lot of bandwidth.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
sambuka

Post by sambuka »

I had the same problem as others, and I have high speed internet. I was finally able to view the video by saving it to my desktop (save target as...) and then downloading VLC media player, as windows media player was unable to read it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

High speed DSL here

Post by Since1982 »

I have High speed DSL here, still couldn't get past the buffering. Tried it again today. No luck. :(
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

DSL

Post by JRMILLER »

Skip,
In your case, it's pretty easy: 1) Highspeed DSL is not often Highspeed, the bandwidth is often oversold and you get varying results. 2) You are in the keys, need I say more? Florida is basically a vertical drop from the lower East Coast to Mid states trunk. I spent the last 6 months in Ft. Myers and agonized over the inconsistent service we got on our T1's -- commercial grade service. Back in Ohio, I have pathways to the Internet in almost every direction not to mention being right on another major corridor. In FL, you can only connect "up". There is a price to pay for living in paradise!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Whoa

Post by Since1982 »

Lets not bury me in mud quite yet. That better be "high speed" It's the highest speed ATT sells to homes in the USA. For 1 computer it's $88.00 a month just for the connection. I have absolutely no problems with anything else. I do know Ft. Myers, (on Florida's west coast) is very muddy and wet. The entire west coast of Florida is that way. The east coast is dry and very very hard. You can't dig 6" down anywhere in my yard. It's solid rock, as is all of the keys with only a few exceptions. Exceptions being places that were originally swamps and have been filled in for living areas. Where I live is not like that. :?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Uncle Al

Video would be great with an english translation

Post by Uncle Al »

Hello to All!
I've just watched the video. ( Cable internet with an in-house wireless network. I'm on the wireless end. ) Great video quality, but who ever said the language was 'close-to-english' was out in far left field. I could not understand what was said. It would be great even with english sub-titles. I would really like to know what was said. Any one know of a translator, who would post a translation, then we could print it, then watch it again, and follow the dialogue?

Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth.

Uncle Al

P.S.--I'm retiring a the end of November after 26 years, 6 months, and 1 week. Now I will have more time to spend with my grandson.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

who ever said the language was 'close-to-english' was out in far left field. I could not understand what was said.

Uncle Al - that was me. I certainly got the gist of it even if there were a few bits I missed. If you want a full, verbatim transcript, we do have a Swede here in the form of Rockingo.

PS - I'm retiring at the end of May after 30 years service - and then starting a new job in Denmark!

Stu
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

I don't get it.

Post by Since1982 »

I finally watched the whole thing but I dont get it...I saw the boy in one gold colored asian style dress OVER his trousers, and lots of pictures of him in trousers, actually there is not one picture of him wearing a dress without his trousers on under it. The dress might as well be a coat. :(

What I saw, was 10 minutes long. Half of it was pictures of the mother talking to the camera. :(
Last edited by Since1982 on Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Internet connection

Post by JRMILLER »

Skip,
You probably missed several of the key video frames that would have filled in the blanks for you. In Ohio, I was able to view the entire thing and managed to see all of the missing frames. I found all the subliminal frames the most interesting, did anyone else see these? They said "wear skirts, wear skirts, .... wear skirts".

Still smiling in Ohio!
-John

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Congratulations on the retirement, Stu! Enjoy the new gig in Denmark.

As far as an English (well, American, actually) speaker goes in trying to understand colloquial Sewdish I didn't stand a chance. The cadences of the language are vaguely familiar, but that just identifies the tongue as a European language; the vocabulary was incomprehensible. Stu must've picked up a smattering of it somewhere.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Stu wrote:
who ever said the language was 'close-to-english' was out in far left field. I could not understand what was said.

Uncle Al - that was me. I certainly got the gist of it even if there were a few bits I missed. If you want a full, verbatim transcript, we do have a Swede here in the form of Rockingo.

PS - I'm retiring at the end of May after 30 years service - and then starting a new job in Denmark!

Stu
I think I can be of some help here. It is about a six year old boy who, according to his mother, likes to dress himself “nicely”. When he started in school he wanted to wear a dress but his mother thought he should perhaps wait a little bit. In stead he had on a t-shirt or a sweater with a big red heart on it, and some of his new class comrades were teasing him because of that.
That worried his mother, because if a heart on a sweater was enough to have him cheated how wouldn’t it go later on.
The boy, Kasper, also went to a ballet class as the only boy. That he stopped to do, however.
After some weeks Kasper insisted that he wanted to wear his dress to school – over trousers, it seemed and it was discussed in class. “Kasper is wearing a dress”.” Why is Kasper wearing a dress?”
His female teacher was interviewed and she, after some thinking, came to the result that children are different. She was also asked what, to her opinion, it would take a boy to wear a dress to school. She answered that he should have a lot of courage and be quite tuff.
The mother afterwards told that she was a bit upset that the school considered it a problem which had to be solved – implied in a way that Kasper could continue wearing his dress. According to his mother it should not be considered a problem at all.
A psychologist said that we might have to break norms and think different with regard to gender roles.
It ended up with a conclusion that Kasper had become better to tackling breaking norms.

I don't know if there is a father. The mother has a very short hair cut and she might - to me - be a lesbian, nor just because of her hairs but also the way she appears. From her language to judge she could be well educated. I'm not Swedish but I think I can judge it well enough.

GerdG
Crazee

Post by Crazee »

A bit more in detail:

Interviewer: What do you think boys can wear and not?
Kasper: Anything. Even dresses. But - there are those who don't have that.

The mother though his butterfly hairclips wee nice, but unpractical - they won't fit under his helmet. And personally she thinks dresses are impractical.

Kasper sometimes want to be tough, sometimes beautiful. He enjoys do dress nicely - which he often wants. And when he wants to look extra nice, he wears a dress. He prefer shiny clothes, and strong colours. Red and some blue.

First time he bought his own dress, he was five. He ran to a stative with only dresses, his mother wondered for several seconds what to do, and decided, why not? He bought a pink batique dress. And it happened to be a girls dress. Which he was blissfully unaware of at the time. (Until quite recently.)

when he started school, they discussed the first week if it was wise to wear a dress to school early on, but one of the first weeks he was wearing a blue sweater with a red heart on, and this he was teased for, and the fact that he was dancing ballet too was part of this. This was girly - and this made his mother scared. Should this be a problem already? In that case, how should it end?

Interviewer: How often do the other kids use dresses?
Kasper: They don't use it. They think boys can't use it. I don't like that.

One afternoon he wanted to use a dress to school. A couple of kids in the clas above asked him why he used a dress. Kasper got angry at them for asking, and they were running and shouting "Kasper wears a dress, Kasper wears a dress". The teacher stopped it immediately, and asked about what they had talked about earlier, that everyone was different, and how boring it would be if everyone was the same.

The teacher thought boys who would wear dresses would have to be tough. Brave, strong willed and know what they want to do.

Mother thought school was very good in single situatins that might appear, but not too happy about the view that they've got a kid that's unusual, so they need to tackle that situation. The way it SHOULD be viewed, was that they have a lot of kids brought up in the traditional gender stereotyped view, tied to those gender roles. And that's not Kasper's problem

But Kasper has realisd that what he's doing is agains the norm. Which is sad, his mother thinks. She preferred it when he was unaware of it, and it all was very innocent.

Interviewer: Saint Lucia is coming up. Which role would you like to play there?
Kasper: Lucia.
I: Is it usual that boys are Lucia?
K: (Thinking) Yes. There are girl santas, so why not boy Lucias?
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Crazee,

On behalf of all of us at SkirtCafe, thank you so much for the translation into English.

Best wishes,
-- Bob
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

I second that, and must say that such programes, brought seriously, and truthfully could benefit all men in general. Getting people aware that we are actually not all clones of a "manly" image that looks as if somebody aparently thought up, but is very luckily not written.

The statements made there, were very true, as to the school creating a problem, for them there and now and in the future, by taking the initiative, the uniqueness away from boys, young men, and resulting in the traumas that we often read about.

I am very much for a programme of awareness, to help prevent psychological problems in some regards with men in the futuer, as to their identity. To actually say that the schooling system with regards to gender role forming is terribly wrong. "Ouch Ouch" is what I already hear the school boards saying. "We wrong?" Yes, did I tread on toes? Yes they are not correct.

It would be a slow process but I believe it would be the right way to go. Individual awareness, respect for the person, not the clone he is now being pressed into being.

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.