Utilikilts in the news again

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
imadube
Member Extraordinaire

Utilikilts in the news again

Post by imadube »

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/news?ch ... 14&lang=en', 'playerWindow','width=793,height=608,scrollbars=no'));

Don't know if the link will work as pasted in. However, Yahoo News Pages had this video by AP Network news.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

They're very 'romanesque', aren't they? Shame I don't have sound on my PCs, it would have been interesting to have heard the comments. One bloke interviewed looked the 'spitting image' of Ken Bates, too!

They look a little too long for my personal taste. Below centre-knee makes the body appear stunted, in my view, unless you go direct to ankle-length. I know it may set some here wailing, but they are certainly and unmistakeably, 'masculine' in appearance!
ChristopherJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChristopherJ »

I agree - in that most of those I saw were a bit too long in my opinion. But then, I don't (yet) own a kilt - so who am I to criticise? I am pretty sure that they make their kilts in different lengths anyhow.

I thought the whole piece was very positive. Great stuff.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood . . .
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

I found it interesting how the interviewees on the sidewalk were hesitantly supportive or not supportive of men in kilts... at least when it came to themselves or their husbands.

I was hoping they'd have at least a couple of folks say, "YEAH, Right On! I'm going to... 'get one myself' or 'get my boyfriend/husband one'!"
WSmac
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

On Length

Post by skirttron »

I favour mid-knee or just above. I find I prefer my kilts after washing and shrinking them slightly. In fact I managed to turn one of them from a gut fit to a waist fit which is much better.