Unionkilt reaction

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Keith Beddoe

Unionkilt reaction

Post by Keith Beddoe »

I purchased an dark blue denim Unionkilt a couple of months ago and I have never known such a positive reaction from total strangers.

I have lost count of the times someone has said "I like your kilt". They then ask where I got it from. I ran out of the business cards that came with the kilt.

Last week my wife and I were at the Eden project in Cornwall and three people asked about the kilt, and today at the Amberley museum in West Sussex two people asked about it.

I also have a denim Amerikilt and a black Amerikilt which I have had for quite a while, but have only been asked about them about twice.

II wonder how many other people with Unionkilts get the same reaction?

Keith
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Here here, my experience too. Never once had any negative comments about my denim Union Kilts, but lots of positive ones and have handed out a few of Richard's cards. (I have the light blue and the dark blue denim Union Kilts, both purchased earlier this year). Wore my dark blue denim kilt to travel to and from Northern Ireland last week and out and about in Belfast - first time I've worn a kilt while in Ireland.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

I have one too

Post by skirttron »

I've had the blue Union Kilt for a while, and have also experienced many positive comments, including "Wicked Kilt". Which reminds me, I need to iron it because I washed it to try to shrink it a bit.
Keith Beddoe

Re: I have one too

Post by Keith Beddoe »

skirttron wrote:I've had the blue Union Kilt for a while, and have also experienced many positive comments, including "Wicked Kilt". Which reminds me, I need to iron it because I washed it to try to shrink it a bit.
I have found that washing it has made the fabric a bit softer but it still retains a very smart look.
I ordered another dark blue one as I had a 10% discount voucher. It allows me to have a spare when the original is in the wash.

I really like the large number of pockets which saves carrying a shoulder bag as well. I am always afraid of leaving a bag somewhere by mistake.

Keith
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Q. Does the denim Kilts crease when you sit down ??
Keith Beddoe

Post by Keith Beddoe »

RichardA wrote:Q. Does the denim Kilts crease when you sit down ??
No, the material is quite heavy duty and does not easily crease. Mine has never needed ironing provided you hang it up as soon as its washed. The pleats are stitched in and can be just flattened while it is drying.

I use a proper kilt hanger which clamps the waist and allows the kilt to hang free.

One of these days Richard we will have to meet up!

Keith
Botley Southampton
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Many thanks for that Keith, I have some spare cash coming and I can't make my mind up on a denim kilt or a pair of trews, the trews would be nice to go with my Argyll jackets, but the denim kilt would be nice also, may have to buy both :roll:
Richard
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

the trews would be nice to go with my Argyll jackets, but the denim kilt would be nice also, may have to buy both
Of course a tartan kilt also matches an Argyll jacket, so maybe you will need to buy a tartan kilt as well as a Union denim kilt. :D
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Of course a tartan kilt also matches an Argyll jacket, so maybe you will need to buy a tartan kilt as well as a Union denim kilt.
I have two Anderson (my surname) tartan kilts and love wearing them :D
Unionkilts Richard

Post by Unionkilts Richard »

No Need to ponder Richard, i will make the decision for you, Buy a Union Denim Kilt :-)

Richard
Richard
UnionKilts Ltd
http://www.kilts.org