Skirted in the Heat

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Skirted in the Heat

Post by skirttron »

Well, the sun has been beating down hard here in recent days and I've really enjoyed wearing my well-ventilated kilts. I do feel I need a cotton version though as I only have denim and acrylic right now. A downright skirt is, however, not wife-approved right now so the expense would be too much I think.
It's great anyway - I can see the guys I pass in the street are envious as the mercury level rockets.
crfriend
Master Barista

Skirts are cool.

Post by crfriend »

skirttron wrote:Well, the sun has been beating down hard here in recent days and I've really enjoyed wearing my well-ventilated kilts. I do feel I need a cotton version though as I only have denim and acrylic right now. A downright skirt is, however, not wife-approved right now so the expense would be too much I think.
Well then, what's your wife wearing these days?

If anything, now's the time to pitch the argument of lightweight skirts (whether they're "kilts" or not); the mercury is soaring in your part of the world (Hell, people are dying from it!) -- why not make a rational argument for "natural air-conditioning"? And to Hell with the "gender-specific" arguments!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

skirttron wrote:Well, the sun has been beating down hard here in recent days and I've really enjoyed wearing my well-ventilated kilts. I do feel I need a cotton version though as I only have denim and acrylic right now. A downright skirt is, however, not wife-approved right now so the expense would be too much I think.
It's great anyway - I can see the guys I pass in the street are envious as the mercury level rockets.
When I started “skirting” (that term means any MUG) 23 years ago, I started with a cotton pleated, plaid skirt, sweatshirt and high tops. You might want to try that type of a skirt as a reasonable alternative to some of the heavier materials and still be within the realm of a more masculine look. I didn’t have a partner who objected to a skirted garment on a man. As a matter of fact she loved it and still does. It was my choice for financial reasons. At that time there was no Utilikilts, Amerikilts, USA kilts, Sport kilts, R-Kilts, Bear Kilts and all the rest. http://www.bravehearts.us/clothiers.htm There was only the traditional Scottish kilt that cost about $700.00. Like many “newbees” I wasn’t sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on something that I was not only terrified to wear at that time but which could have been only a short phase in my life. The pleated, plaid, cotton skirt cost me $5.00 at Goodwill. It was perfect and most people then didn’t know the difference!
Lar