Women@Church:"You're Confusing Children"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
W.M.

The story continues...

Post by W.M. »

This afternoon I took some items for a rummage sale to the home of the head usher who I ushered with last night (see above). I took the items into his garage, and his small, "confused" grandson was there smiling, who wanted to help me carry some of my stuff. On the rack in the background I saw a couple of plaid skirts which may or may not fit me that looked beautiful. Ironically, Much as I would like to, I don't dare buy them at the rummage sale because if I showed up at church in a skirt that used to belong to a woman in the congregation, it may not "go over" too well for obvious reasons:rolleyes:.

Early this evening, there was another funeral at the nearby funeral home. I was out in front of my house in my kaui green (floral) Sport Kilt when a man I knew saw me from the other end of the street. We waved at each other, briefly exchanged pleasantries, and he kept walking. "What's the big deal in that?" you ask. Well, it just so happens that he is principal of our church school (grades k-8), the man in charge of teaching our congregation's poor "confused children". Were he concerned, he had a perfect opportunity to come over and discuss this "issue" with me, but didn't.

The surrealism in this story is uncanny.
Walter Humbel
(W. M.)