Skirting in the UK next week

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hiker

Post by hiker »

Okay, the final piece, I apologize for the pieces of report.

Day 7 - Saturday, traveled from Bristol to London in the morning in a kilt and then did the tourist thing in London. Chose a kilt over skirt because of earlier perceptions about Bristol. On the way to the train saw two men walking several dogs. One the men looked up and said "nice kilt there, should have worn mine today." Being in hurry I just said thanks and kept going. Other than that there was little or no notice in Bristol, on the train, or in London of my kilt. A few second glances (to be expected) and only one other comment from a beggar sitting on the street who as soon as me, he saw me started shouting "there's a bloke in a skirt, ...." repeatedly. I just kept walking. In the hotel, a couple comments from people, one on the elevator (what was I wearing?) and one in the lobby (you look very unusual). Both were pleasant and inquiring.

Day 8 - Wore a skirt all morning in London, arrival at Gatwick early afternoon. No comments, no issues in any airport. Discussed my reasons for wearing a skirt with another passenger on the plane for ~1/2 hour in response to his question. He noted that the skirt made me stand out from the crowd.

So all and all a successful UK skirting experience. No negative or threatening experiences. The only times I was not in a skirt or kilt was at business meetings or drinking with business associates. Most of them know I wear kilts and skirts but I don't want to challenge them with skirts.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

hiker wrote:"That's not a kilt its a skirt," Reply "Do you think so, at least I'm not dressed like these women here in a pair of girly pants." A moment of silence and then "I see what you mean, but you're confused, these aren't girls - they're blokes."
Girly pants - I take it they were being original and wearing jeans?

Charlie (Who's just made the connection that 'Jean' is a girl's name :D )
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Girls name "Jean"

Post by Since1982 »

Not in most of Europe, like Jean Paul Gaultier for instance and anyone in America with European roots. On this past years WSOP, a player in one of the tournament final tables was named Jean Paul Bellande and was about 6'6" and wearing a black beanie. He owns a large nightclub in Los Angeles California. I don't think I'd have asked him why he had a "girl's name" would you?... LOL

In case someone dosn't know what the WSOP is, it's the World Series Of Poker, held every summer in Las Vegas Nevada USA. :shake: :cool:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
hiker

Post by hiker »

Charlie wrote:Girly pants - I take it they were being original and wearing jeans?
Yes, most including a couple of the women we're wearing jeans. Althougth I've been starting to think all pants as "girly"