Do I look like a priest or what?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Do I look like a priest or what?

Post by denimini »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Can you provide photos of Aussie men wearing skirts, I am curious what they look like, where they wear them, what styles are worn, and the prevelance of men wearing them. Is it a small part of the country or are they evenly distributed throughout society. Where are these skirts sold? Please let us know.
I am in Aus and don't know of any men wearing skirts except for the few of us here at Skirt Cafe. I wear a skirt most of the year recently and spent 2 weeks in Sydney in a skirt and saw no other men in a skirt. I would say the non-skirt-wearing is evenly distributed and widespread, As the only example I know, myself, I wear mini skirts that I buy in Op-shops or on eBay. I live in a sparsely populated shire of 52,000 square killometres with a population of 2500 and I would hazzard a guess that I am the only male skirt wearer living in it.

Oops, I didn't mean to continue the thread drift, No, I don't look like a priest. :oops:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

Today, a train attendant apparently thought I was a priest :)
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Some of my skirts might look like religious garments......The early Christians wore simple robes as their day wear.....

Some years ago I found a Religious Book shop close to a Cathederal....The book shop was an agent for religious robes .......
The shop gave me a book of Religious Robes which were available...

If anyone has time to dig around they might find details of religious robes which are available....
Quite often these garments are worn in layers of different lengths.....

Definitely Male garments................Possibly from a Middle Eastern Culture.....It would be interesting to explore these style of garments
for the Man In A Skirt Fashion..............