Media attention

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Media attention

Post by skirts4me »

With a succession of media attention involving me over the last few days and coming up:cheer: I suggest you visit http://groups.msn.com/WhyNotSkirtsForMen and select "more media coverage - exciting news" to keep up-to-date. I suspect it'll be hard to post everything everywhere as the momentum picks up.

If the throttle opens any further I may be struggling to hold on! :rotfl:
Shalom
Steven
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

media coverage

Post by Since1982 »

I can't find anywhere on that link you left that says anything about "media coverage" at all. ?????
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

To make matters worse, the link crashed my browser (Konquerer running on Solaris). It seems that it may be an Explorer-specific web site. :(
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
gshubert

Post by gshubert »

I found an article by clicking on the message board,
http://groups.msn.com/WhyNotSkirtsForMen/general.msnw

One of the threads contained this, which I'm quoting, because I can't find a direct link to it.

The following appeared in The West Australian on Thursday morning (6th April)

If that’s what blows your skirt up

Steven Secker is a bloke who likes a bit of a skirt. As long as he’s wearing it.

Not the cross-dressing, drag-queen kind worn with heels and fish-nets, but the plain, practical kind of skirt you’d team with a cardie and sensible shoes.

When IC [Inside Cover] spotted Mr Secker’s skirt-clad tale in a local newspaper, we just had to know more.

The Merriwa resident, a married father, wears skirts "pretty much everywhere" and is determined to bring the world around to his way of dressing.

He wears them to work at the Bureau of Meteorology, where he is a forecaster, to the shops with his wife, Zara, (who thinks they’re sexy), and even out with his 12-year-old son.

"He’s comfortable with it, he doesn’t mind at all," Mr Secker said.

"Few realise that 400 years ago it was common for men to wear skirts. I mean the national dress of Scotland and Ireland is the kilt."

Skirts, Mr Secker contends, are far more practical than trousers because they’re looser, cooler and don’t restrict a bloke’s tackle.

What’s more, he reckons there’s a whole underground male skirt movement in Perth just waiting to come out of the closet. They’re just too shy to show themselves - or their knees.

"I want to promote the idea of skirts for men but so far I’m not getting a lot of open feedback," he said. "Men are still scared of doing anything seen as different."

Some would say different, other would say weird, but whatever floats your boat, or covers your knees.

Melissa Kent
--G. Shubert
Brandy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brandy »

siri

excitement --- (fasten your seatbelt)!

Post by siri »

thanks for showing me (us) how to find the link. this is truly very exciting. these media hotspots (like little earthquakes) can spring up anywhere at any time.... and the ultimate impact can't be readily quantified.

i think the quote -- from julia cameron -- that was aptly shared on your message board is well worth posting here:

"I have learned, as a rule of thumb, never to ask whether you can do something. Say, instead, that you are doing it. Then fasten your seat belt. The most remarkable things follow."
** remember to flatten your pleats **
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Sorry, forgot to say "click on messages (left hand side) then General"
The article is at or near the top of the list because it keeps getting added to.
Shalom
Steven