"Dude I used to wear a skirt all the time"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

"Dude I used to wear a skirt all the time"

Postby MtnBiker » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:59 am

Last night I'm at the gas station, outside my car, emptying trash etc. I'm wearing a to-the-ground denim skirt & a t-shirt. The guy comes up to me and says "Dude I used to wear a skirt all the time". I report how I love wearing them, make me feel good, etc. He says he used to tour with a band and always wore a skirt that he had made for himself.

I was in a rush and the weather was very foul, so that was the end of the discussion. I hope he goes home & starts wearing skirts again.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Postby WSmac » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:00 pm

Glad he happened upon you at that time!

It is a great feeling to have someone make a compliment about the skirt, but even better when it is a guy who is either wearing one himself or acknowledges he likes to!

Yesterday in Old Town Eureka,CA a local downtown resident on a bike called out to me, "nice skirt!". I looked over my shoulder and he was wearing a sarong (over pants I think). I called back, "Your's looks good too!"

I was wearing a plain kahki skirt I had purchased second-hand. It almost comes down to my ankles (I'm 6'2"). The only thing I'm not crazy about is the one tiny pocket at the waist... more like a watch pocket, but pretty useless.
I might add more pockets ala Utilikilt-style to make it more user-friendly and less plain.
WSmac
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire

Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Postby Skirt Chaser » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:34 am

First time I have ever heard of a comment like that. What a positive encounter for both of you. I wish you many more, MtnBiker.

Quiet Mouse
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men