Buddy Tripps MUG pics

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Buddy Tripps MUG pics

Post by Since1982 »

Buddy asked that I post his recent MUG pics he emailed to me. so without further adieu, here they are: by the way, the pinkish petticoat is under both the black skirt and the blue skirt to give them fullness. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

I like the blue skirt more.
RichardN

Vote for #2

Post by RichardN »

The black skirt is cool. I like the fullness with all those gores.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

They're both nice... Surprisingly, I think I'm gravitating more toward the blue one. Could be because of the lighting, though... Seems a bit brighter, but less harsh than the living room shots are.

Hey, Buddy, could you retake the black skirt shot outside, maybe standing up against the side of the house so it's easier to see?

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
crfriend
Master Barista

Looks pretty good....

Post by crfriend »

Like some of the other folks here, I'm leaning in the direction that the blue one is best; certainly the picture of the blue one shows the most context for the outfit (oh boy, there I've gone and used that word). It'd be great to see a re-shoot of the others in similar lighting and at similar ranges so the context of the entire outfit (oh-oh, I did it again) shows.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Outfit

Post by Since1982 »

Umm, please correct me if I'm wrong. If we can wear and say the one time for men "off limits" words "Skirt and/or Dress" (El Buitre wears various dresses very masculinely, and I'm sure others do also), I see no reason why we can't call the ensemble of all the parts of our "Outfit" an outfit, then what the heck are we afraid of now? By the way friend, I really like the Outfit in your avatar. Just as I like my "Vision in Orange" outfit in my avatar. Wearing my gray linen belted skirt today and having not worn it in over a week I was shocked to find it didn't fit, so I took in 6 holes in the belt and it fit again, although very loosely in the hips and legs. :) :stir:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
me012247

Petticoats

Post by me012247 »

I like the petticoats under both skirts...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]It is Snowing Down South[/FONT] :ninjajig: :cheer:
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Since1982 wrote:[...]I see no reason why we can't call the ensemble of all the parts of our "Outfit" an outfit [...]
I was just poking fun at the notion that men never, ever it seems, refer to what they wear as "outfits" -- it's as if the term is off-limits. So, with that notion in mind, it's really ripe for ridicule. Who was the chap here who started referring to "tr*users" as if it was a word to be censored? I laughed quite hard about that one.
Since1982 wrote:By the way friend, I really like the Outfit in your avatar.
Thanks. Interestingly, it's actually one of the "safest" ones I use -- you just can't screw up with black, white, and red. The poet's shirt with its bloused sleeves is a nice addition and works well with the vest. From a sartorial perspective, the "riskiest" one I use is a purple shirt with a very dark pleated floral skirt that has purple highlights in it; it works very well (even my wife thinks so) but it's just a tad "jarring" in that purple isn't the most "masculine" of colours (to those who worry about such things).
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

unmasculine Purple

Post by Since1982 »

I don't think purple is unmasculine, it seemed to be just fine for hundreds of thousands of Caesars, Senators and Rich men in Roman times. In fact a commoner was killed for wearing purple. Purple, in olden days was made from the excretion of an octopus/squid and was very hard to get, so was only used for the very rich. Roman women were not allowed to wear purple either. It was reserved for high placed men only. :) (One of the silly things I learned while studying for a degree in Marine Biology)

hiker

Post by hiker »

I find both outfits to be far too "girly" for me.
Tripp49

Black Skirt!

Post by Tripp49 »

I will see what I can do about an other photo of the black skirt.I think it was the black kilt from Prictikilt.I will double check and get a picture out side in the day light.I do love the fullness the petticoat gives the kilt.I did wear it to Lowes Home Improvement Center with not a single comment.

Tripp49
Tripp49