For once, good advice from an advice column

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

For once, good advice from an advice column

Post by WSmac »

WSmac
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

hmmmm

Post by Since1982 »

Mac, where do you GET all this stuff? I surf the web too but never see such interesting articles. :doh:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Q:
What if your 5 year old boy wants a skirt and you have a limited clothing budget and realistically you know he won't get lots of use out of it.
:clap: Great find, WSmac! Apart from buying into the original assumption that a boy wouldn't get a lot of use out of the skirt the author really has a great handle on the issue. I'd think even if the boy limited it to home wear he could wear it out (in the use it up sense) given regular use if he really liked it and only had one.
Sometimes I think cross-dressing boys are being mini-social activists. We applaud daughters when they say, "Hey, all the firefighters in this book are men! When I grow up, I'm going to be a fire fighter and show 'em that girls can do it, too!" But when our sons say, "Hey, it isn't fair that only girls get to wear skirts; I want a dress, too!" I can pretty much guarantee that his grandparents won't be bragging to their friends about it.
The unnamed writer really has society on that one. There really are too few cool parents that would be fully supportive of their son in that situation. Almost at the end came another really good line in a discussion of effect on the family.
Will it give grandpa a heart attack? Or will grandpa heartily applaud and get out his own favorite heels?
I really liked that the author recognized the realities of life, the kid is not the first person to ever question cultural clothing guides. How wonderful it would have been if every man here had a 'grampa in heels' to stick up for them and help them grow up without any guilt. I don't know, maybe some of you did. :)

Quiet Mouse