Weirdo Dentist

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Weirdo Dentist

Post by Stu »

Today, I visited my dentist for a filling. I wore my new(ish) brown, denim skirt from Next (straight, knee-length, rough hem, fabric belt).

My dentist is a young woman (late twenties) with some sort of foreign name, possibly Polish as it's unpronouncable, very long and with hardly any vowels. In spite of that, she doesn't speak like a foreigner - her accent is South-East England, possible London.

When I walked in, she stared at me as though I was stark naked, but no comment at first. Her nurse didn't seem remotely interested. I sat in her chair and she poked about in my mouth with several metal instruments of medieval torture - one designed to inflict the maximum pain on any exposed little nerves and the other with a mirror on the end so she could watch them squirm. Then she injected me and told me I'd have to wait a few moments for the anaesthetic to take effect.

"So is that some sort of kilt, then?" she quizzed me.

"No, it's just a skirt", I said.

"OKAAAAYYYYY...."

Pause.

"So...why....you know..."

"Why am I wearing a skirt?"

"Yeah"

"Cos I wore trousers yesterday and I fancied a change," I said, irritated.

"OKAAAAYYYYY...."

"Izh ver a probrem wiv dat?" I spluttered: my mouth was now getting numb.

"No. Far from it". She said, grimacing insanely.

The next thing I knew, she was masked up and drilling into my tooth with something that sounded like a small motorcycle at full throttle. I was, of course, unable to communicate back to her.

"No, I think it's great you can wear what you like. I mean, that's freedom, isn't it"

I grunted, unintelligibly.

"In fact, I'm hugely impressed. I mean. You know. Respect. You don't worry about convention do you?"

Grunt.

"You're obviously like me. Rebellious by nature. Don't care what others think so long as you feel it's right. It's a shame there aren't more people out there like us. It's what society needs".

Grunt.

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Grunt. Grunt. Grunt.

Five years later (or so it seemed), I was sent downstairs to pay the charges, still unable to articulate, and knowing that the good Miss Zyymzwtzcyzymzwtzymck - or whatever her name is - who had just performed dental surgery on me, is as mad as a sausage.

Next time I go to the dentist, I'll be wearing trousers. And earplugs.

Stu
Ash

Post by Ash »

Oh thanks Stu,
I've just fallen off my office chair from laughing! Perfect way to end a fraught working day. At least I haven't chipped a tooth as I fell.

Is it safe?
Is it safe??

All best wishes,
Ash
Daring to be different.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

man, you're kidding--she sounds great! maybe guys like us have spent ages pondering bucking the trend, but when we finally do, some people clearly have been waiting for ages to find someone willing to buck the trend!

I also have found people seem desperate to talk and open up about it, even though it's actually been ME thinking I was going out on a limb by wearing it--they seem just as desperate to unburden themselves of their feelings as I was of mine.

society. what a screwed up place, eh? everyone so uptight, and afraid of what? each other, clearly!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

Well I have an appointment with my dentist soon. She's stockily-built with a cropped haircut and grim face and is a stand-in for my usual dentist. I'm not risking the kilt with her - I think she'd either hate it or like it too much.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Oh heck! My dentist just happens to be a devout Moslem (& a really nice chap & a terrific dentist!). I ain't gona tempt fate, though - even Kilted!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

my dentist

Post by Since1982 »

My dentist isn't called a dentist, he prefers endodontist and reconstructive surgeon only labels. Now, that said, he's barefoot in his offices. Known locally as the "Barefoot dentist". The first time I walked into his office for the insertion of an implant over a titanium screw wearing a khaki (converted from shorts) knee length straight skirt he about blew a gasket. He said, (and I'm sure you have all heard about or heard directly this line,) What's with the skirt?....to which I replied, Ummmmm I'm standing in a dental office with a dentist that works on patients barefoot and you're asking ME what's with MY particular step out of the norm?????? He said, "you're not a transvestite are you? I answered with, how many transvestites have you seen with NO makeup, NO wigs, NO hi heeled shoes, NO jewelry, NO pantyhose and wearing a baggy T shirt, old vinyl loafers and a converted pair of shorts???? Oh, he said, so it's a standing up against society thing. Noooooo, I said, it's a personal comfort thing, it's a hip and lower back support thing, it's a no hanging panniculus thing and mainly it's a MY CHOICE thing. Now, are you going to do my implant or not....? OOOKKKK he said, I just never saw a man in a skirt before...I didnt ask if he'd ever watched TV or not, I didn't ask if he had ever seen a Scot or a Polynesian Islander. I just said, Now you have. I'm your first but I doubt I'll be your last. Where's the chair of pain? And off we went to it...As I was leaving, one of his receptionists whispered to me, Skip I think it makes you look slimmer. I like it...I responded in a whisper, so do I.. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Skip, that's a funny story!
earth_man

Post by earth_man »

That was a fantastic story. You really had me laughing. Thanks, I needed that.

From what you wrote, she accepted you, though not at first. Go in a skirt/kilt next time. Don't use ear plugs, get them to use the suction hose for the noise. It masks the sound of the drill.
Regards

Warren 2, aka Earth Man, near Manassas Va.

If women are from Venus and men are from Mars, I'm from the Earth.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Merlin

Post by Since1982 »

Devout moslem huh? How about going to his office wearing a djellaba? That's a moslem/middle east unbifurcated garment. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Wearing a jellybaby? Maybe I should get one of them, something to hide the many bulges in my corpulant behemoth of a body.
(Somewhere in this fat bloated carapace of a body a shy thin person is screaming, to stay there!)(or was it something I ate?)
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Shy thin person screaming

Post by Since1982 »

In me, the shy thin person inside is also screaming. He's saying HEY SKIP, YA WANNA LOSE WEIGHT? JUST KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!!!! I guess he's got something there, you gotta open your mouth to gain weight, I guess if you keep it shut you'll lose weight. Well, it's working. In the last month and a half I've dropped 30 pounds and hope to drop another 130..or more. I'd really like to be down to 200 before I die. :ninjajig: :dance: Maybe my weight will get down to a resonable amount about the same time my hair reaches my ribs.:cool:

Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Since1982 wrote:In me, the shy thin person inside is also screaming. He's saying HEY SKIP, YA WANNA LOSE WEIGHT? JUST KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT!!!! I guess he's got something there, you gotta open your mouth to gain weight, I guess if you keep it shut you'll lose weight. Well, it's working. In the last month and a half I've dropped 30 pounds and hope to drop another 130..or more. I'd really like to be down to 200 before I die. :ninjajig: :dance: Maybe my weight will get down to a resonable amount about the same time my hair reaches my ribs.:cool:
Congratulations, and good luck on your hair gain and weight loss.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Post by binx »

Hey, it's great some professional woman acknowledges your fashion freedom. Also, congrats Skip!

binx
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Since1982 wrote:Ummmmm I'm standing in a dental office with a dentist that works on patients barefoot and you're asking ME what's with MY particular step out of the norm??????
Skip, you are simply wonderful. :rotfl:
Knickson

Re: my dentist

Post by Knickson »

Since1982 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:44 pm My dentist isn't called a dentist, he prefers endodontist and reconstructive surgeon only labels. Now, that said, he's barefoot in his offices. Known locally as the "Barefoot dentist". The first time I walked into his office for the insertion of an implant over a titanium screw wearing a khaki (converted from shorts) knee length straight skirt he about blew a gasket. He said, (and I'm sure you have all heard about or heard directly this line,) What's with the skirt?....to which I replied, Ummmmm I'm standing in a dental office with a dentist that works on patients barefoot and you're asking ME what's with MY particular step out of the norm?????? He said, "you're not a transvestite are you? I answered with, how many transvestites have you seen with NO makeup, NO wigs, NO hi heeled shoes, NO jewelry, NO pantyhose and wearing a baggy T shirt, old vinyl loafers and a converted pair of shorts???? Oh, he said, so it's a standing up against society thing. Noooooo, I said, it's a personal comfort thing, it's a hip and lower back support thing, it's a no hanging panniculus thing and mainly it's a MY CHOICE thing. Now, are you going to do my implant or not....? OOOKKKK he said, I just never saw a man in a skirt before...I didnt ask if he'd ever watched TV or not, I didn't ask if he had ever seen a Scot or a Polynesian Islander. I just said, Now you have. I'm your first but I doubt I'll be your last. Where's the chair of pain? And off we went to it...As I was leaving, one of his receptionists whispered to me, Skip I think it makes you look slimmer. I like it...I responded in a whisper, so do I.. :)
Nice story ,if a man just wearing a skirt is a transvestite then how many million female transvestites are there ? women that wear trousers and shorts must also be strange ?