She has to wear a dress EEK!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

She has to wear a dress EEK!

Post by Since1982 »

On American Idol, one of the very talented female singers is all up in fear of tomorrows recital. She is singing for her very first time in her life while wearing a DRESS!!! They have to make or buy her one as she doesn't own any. I thought you all would get a kick out of the changing times. :):clap:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
siri

boy..............

Post by siri »

boy.........can i relate!

i live in perpetual dread of situations where i may have to wear a dress.... thanks for sharing this info, skip .... now i'll never ever audition for american idol!!!!
** remember to flatten your pleats **
jlhansen

Post by jlhansen »

siri wrote: .... now i'll never ever audition for american idol!!!!
Aaahh, Siri you did so well that night at the NYC restaurant ... we have video!!

John
Steven

Post by Steven »

Fortunately she's not me as I'd tell them to get stuffed, just think of the uproar that it would cause.

Steven
People should fear the people that fear me - "The Fifth Edge"
Mary Jane Boy

American Idol

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

siri wrote:boy.........can i relate!

i live in perpetual dread of situations where i may have to wear a dress.... thanks for sharing this info, skip .... now i'll never ever audition for american idol!!!!

You don't have to - you're our idol!
Mary Jane Boy

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com

"Mary Jane's - not just for girls anymore!"
crfriend
Master Barista

Curiosity

Post by crfriend »

siri wrote:i live in perpetual dread of situations where i may have to wear a dress.
Out of curiousity, may I ask, "Why does one dread wearing a particular type of garment?" It doesn't make a whole lot of rational sense; after all, all clothes are are nothing more than pieces of cloth designed to keep the wearer modest and warm (reverse those two if living in cold climes).

It's sad, too, because I think that skirted garments look much better than tr*users on both men and women.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

crfriend wrote:Out of curiousity, may I ask, "Why does one dread wearing a particular type of garment?" It doesn't make a whole lot of rational sense; after all, all clothes are are nothing more than pieces of cloth designed to keep the wearer modest and warm (reverse those two if living in cold climes).

It's sad, too, because I think that skirted garments look much better than tr*users on both men and women.
I think it is funny how quickly women have abandoned the dress, but if a guy infringes on the dress women will quickly defend it.
-Matt
siri

dreaded dresses dissected

Post by siri »

crfriend wrote:Out of curiousity, may I ask, "Why does one dread wearing a particular type of garment?" It doesn't make a whole lot of rational sense; after all, all clothes are are nothing more than pieces of cloth designed to keep the wearer modest and warm (reverse those two if living in cold climes).

having given this much thought, i've come to the realization that it's the EVENTS connected to my skirt-wearing more than the actual skirt-wearing itself..... such as: funerals, job interviews, and even weddings (the spirit of which i delight in, but the formality -- if that's a feature -- i generally cringe at.)

to clarify, though: i DO OCCASIONALLY wear skirts....what i was talking about was DRESSES..... and i swear this to you: aside from thin cotton shifts that i wear on the stickiest august/september days, i haven't worn a "dress" in more than a decade, i'm certain.

as for modesty, i generally feel pretty modest in my bifurcated garments... think "captain kangaroo" more than "mariah carey"......

and.... i absolutely am experiencing fashion freedom, the spirit of which i hope i'm helping to spread....
Tripp49

Dress!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tripp49 »

:cheer:Give me a dress/jumper any day over anything.They are the next best thing to going naked.Jumpers are #1:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TRIPP49
Tripp49
siri

jumpers

Post by siri »

actually, buddy, jumpers are the ONE kind of dress i would be delighted to wear. for years, i've been looking for a black short jumper in velveteen or corduroy.... still haven't found the jumper of my dreams. preferably with pockets. preferably v-neck.

i'm with you on that one!

happy spring!
Mary Jane Boy

Jumpers

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

I have lots of them siri (in just about every color you could want)!

Let me know your size and I'll send you one (if I have it).

Here's one fram my trip to PA last fall ("better red than dead")

Click on the thumbnail for a full size view!
Mary Jane Boy

siri

i "jumped"

Post by siri »

you can all relax....

today i bought a purple jumper on ebay.

thanks for the encouragement.

but don't expect me to audition for that idol thing.:swear:
r1g0r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r1g0r »

siri dear girl,

is there another photo of you that shows more of your face? you look like somebody i knew (no specifics, sorry), and i'd like to be sure before making a silly fool of myself.

besides my curiousity, i have to say that many women seem to conceal part of their face in on-line photos. a shame, as we guys are visual critters and like to envision who we're chatting with/to.
you know... george orwell warned us!
"Moderation is a colorless, insipid thing to counsel. To live less would not be living."
Sister M. Madeleva Wolff (1887-1964), CSC
Mary Jane Boy

Now it's time

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

siri wrote:you can all relax....

today i bought a purple jumper on ebay.

thanks for the encouragement.

but don't expect me to audition for that idol thing.:swear:

Have your "sweetie" take a photo and post it for us!!!
Mary Jane Boy

Feiyral

Post by Feiyral »

Point 1:
"Jumper" can refer to a gender-neutral sweater/sweatershirt in the UK. I was horribly confused when a british male friend, who had no history of skirting, said they were wearing a jumper. So I looked it up. They were likewise amused to learn what it means over here. Just goes to show, "american" and "english" are two different languages. :)

Point 2:
I wonder what the Amish take on men in skirts and dresses of any flavor is?