Practikilt!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Post Reply
Tripp49
Active Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: I live in Middleburg,NC

Practikilt!

Post by Tripp49 »

:drool: Hey Gang,have any of you tried Practikilt from Meusem Replica.I bought one some time back and it is one of my favered for work.It is made some what like a Utilikilt,byt cost only like $50.00 less than half that of a UK.I plan to order 3 or 4 more.:cheer: Donot get me wrong I love my Utilikilts but I have to watch my money and get as much as I can for each dollar.:think:
But for those of us who love a good skirt/kilt for casuel wear or for working in this is the thing.
Ok I will climb down off the soap box now,but just had too report a good thing.

Tripp49:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Tripp49

User avatar
Will
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:14 am
Location: Maine

Post by Will »

Tripp,

I looked at the site and admit that they look interesting. The one thing not listed was the length (outseam).

Can you tell us how how long your Practikilt is :question:

longshadows
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: Coastal Maine USA
Contact:

Length?

Post by longshadows »

Will wrote:Tripp,

I looked at the site and admit that they look interesting. The one thing not listed was the length (outseam).

Can you tell us how how long your Practikilt is :question:
Yes, I second that comment. I too was interested, but there was no length option.

Has anyone had any experience with these kilts? What length did it end up being?

Thanks,
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Michael in Maine[/FONT]

Tripp49
Active Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: I live in Middleburg,NC

Practikilt

Post by Tripp49 »

Hey Gang,By some standards,the PractiKilt is a little short,about 21 inches.But I have come to love the shorter skirts.for the most work.They are just a lot more comfortable.I have a mini skirt that I wear hear at home but not off.If society was a little I would probably wear the minis more often and out in public.I know it is just dumb to think that way,but at least my wife is ok with them here at home.MJB,wears the minis all the time,and has for a long time.If some one saw him in something longer they would think something was wrong.But he started out that way.Also Dave aka Skirtmam has always worn very short skirts.If you ever put one on you get attached to them quick.But if you have a wife or so who is uncertan or uncomfortable with being seen with you in a mini it is not worth the risk of aleninating her to you wearing a skirt.The 21in.is as short as my wife is comfortable with,and not really happy with that.

Tripp49
Tripp49

User avatar
Will
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:14 am
Location: Maine

Post by Will »

Tripp49 wrote:Hey Gang,By some standards,the PractiKilt is a little short,about 21 inches....

Tripp49
Tripp,

That's for the quick reply. Since I am a little "height challenged" :rolleyes: , that is a good length for me. All my kilts are 21" length. :cheer:

Foppy
Active Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:07 am

Post by Foppy »

Will wrote:Tripp,

That's for the quick reply. Since I am a little "height challenged" :rolleyes: , that is a good length for me. All my kilts are 21" length. :cheer:
And that's a more "traditional" length too. Most men in Scotland who wear kilts choose a length that's either just above the knee or no longer than mid-kneecap, from the pictures I've seen.

binx
Member Extraordinaire
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:20 am
Location: Missouri

Post by binx »

I bought one, and didn't like the fabric. It resembled the weight of a dress shirt, rather than a kilt. So I sent it back. I may try their leather model, as the length is just right, and less expensive than a leather kilt from other places.

binx

Foppy
Active Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:07 am

Post by Foppy »

binx wrote:I bought one, and didn't like the fabric. It resembled the weight of a dress shirt, rather than a kilt.
Seriously? I'll have to consider something else then. A kilt that lightweight is fine, but $80 for it is a little pricey when you can find better ones for about the same price.

jcal6067
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:31 pm
Location: Central Ga

Post by jcal6067 »

Just a quick note on the Practikilt site, I will check that out since I don't mind wearing a little on the short side as you can tell from my photo on page 11 #102. And yes the price of 80 is a little on the high side of prices as far a skirt goes. But someone has to make the profit. lol

User avatar
Will
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:14 am
Location: Maine

Post by Will »

Tripp49 wrote::drool: Hey Gang,have any of you tried Practikilt from Meusem Replica.I bought one some time back and it is one of my favered for work.It is made some what like a Utilikilt,byt cost only like $50.00 less than half that of a UK.I plan to order 3 or 4 more.:cheer: Donot get me wrong I love my Utilikilts but I have to watch my money and get as much as I can for each dollar.:think:
But for those of us who love a good skirt/kilt for casuel wear or for working in this is the thing.
Ok I will climb down off the soap box now,but just had too report a good thing.

Tripp49:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I recieved my practikilt yesterday. I like the look of it, but was surprised that it is dry-clean only. Its 100% cotton (Islander model); so this really surprises me.

Tripp49
Active Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: I live in Middleburg,NC

Dry Clean Only!!!!!!!!

Post by Tripp49 »

Hey Will that is a bummmer,I would have never guessed.~pray~ I better check my Bad Lands to see if it is dry clean only.:sad:
Damn,I just checked mine,and it is dry clean only too.:confused: But I think I put in in the wash already once.:confused: NOT SURE. Oh well!

Tripp49
Tripp49

Post Reply