Cowboy boots?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Homosexuals in cowboy boots?

Post by Since1982 »

I don't really know how it is in New South Wales but over here in the US of A there's a series of TV shows about world champion Bull riders/Bronco busters and the bulls/horses they ride. All of them wear cowboy boots and stetson style hats and I don't think I have the sand a.k.a. cohones to ask/infer if any of them are homosexual. Perhaps some are, but I doubt that there are very many, much less the "all" DavidsSkirts quoted. And in our southwestern states nearly everyone that was born there wears cowboy boots and/or stetson style hats including our sitting President who lives in Crawford Texas when he's not presidenting. :think: :tomato:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

David,

Don't believe everything that comes out of Hollyweird... ;-) Not every cowboy is a brokebacker...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
DavidsSkirts

'Western Style' Cowboy boots in Australia

Post by DavidsSkirts »

- were largely the providence of Rodeo riders (where a couple of recent world champions were Aussie's - one from this region lives in Texas somewhere...), and C&W fans and Line dancers, until recently. I saw news reports recently of the Gay Mardi Gras in Sydney, where there were Cowboy themed floats and hundreds of Gays and Lesbians wearing the 'Western Style' boots. This - plus the uptight and red-neck attitudes of some people - gives the perfect chance to "take the piss" out of those who really love their silly looking boots.
And as for George 'Dubbya' (and his Weapons of Mass Distraction..), I've seen footage of him wearing elastic-sided (Blundstone style) boots when he's been out-and-about. Probably because they prove to be more comfortable, practical, and safer (and I spent 3 years at Agricultural College, and have worked on a variety of Farms and industrial sites since, and nobody would be seen dead in Western-style boots - they're just not up to the task).
As for any men who would like to wear their funny Cowboy boots with Skirts, I'll just call them Reba, Loretta or Dolly - after other well-known persons who have been known to wear those Western style boots with skirts or dresses.;)
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
DavidsSkirts

Jeans/pants tucked into boots ?

Post by DavidsSkirts »

iain wrote:while your minds are on it, what about jeans tucked into ordinary combat boots? I tried this once and got told it looked stupid. to my eyes it looked different, but I wouldn't have said stupid! obviously, not so they're all sticking out higgledy piggledy, but when you have a neat pair of boots, I never understood why they have to be covered up.

with a kilt, it's great because the boots can be properly seen without any effort. so a kilt is a big plus in my view just for that. but jeans.. you get them all wet and muddy if you don't tuck them in, plus you have to hide the boots.

so where's the justice in that, my friend? where am dat justice??
It's really not a very practical idea to tuck your jeans/pants/trousers into your boots, and/or socks - especially if you're going out anywhere, as this simply facilitates the collection of various detritus (e.g: mud, snow, slush, sand, dirt, sticks and stones, hay, gravel) in those boots. As for Combat styled boots, I can tell you from my time in the Army Reserve, that pants aren't tucked in, but are actually folded-up under (and inside the leg itself) and then 'bloused' over the outside of the boots (and kept in place with a "garter" inside the pants leg and over the boot...). This seals the boot and keeps the crap out; and looks a lot neater at the same time.
:cool:
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

that sounds efficient, i'll try it!

I just don't see the point in any manufacturer making a boot more than two centimeters tall when the jeans must always be pulled over them, for fear of a bust from the fashion police.

I say, if you're buying boots, let's see the damn things! and kilts are the perfect way to do that. my g/f is super about all this stuff. I'm lucky to have someone in my life who appreciates originality.
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.