Mini Skirted Guy on A&E 'Airline'

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

right, well I'm flying up to Edinburgh from Stansted for the kilt walk April 2nd, and I want to wear a kilt on the flight, so I'll let you know how it goes!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
hiker

Post by hiker »

I travel frequently (average once per week) and have worn nothing but ankle length, comfortable skirts on airline flights since January 1. I have never had a negative comment or even question from an airline employee.

I have a couple of comments from the TSA folks all professional except one, who felt a need to very carefully check me and all of my luggage. He laid everything out very openly and very thoroughly - I never had a check like that before or after. I was convinced he was looking for other "odd" garments. But all he found were socks, mens underwear, a kilt, a pair of pants, a couple of shirts, and lots of computer equipment. He commented with some sarcasm that if I didn't want to be held up I should not wear women's skirts. I spoke briefly with his supervisor to gently complain.

I generally travel in first class and would never travel on Southwest unless it was completely unavoidable (I would delay travel to avoid them). I don't like the cattle car feel of Southwest.

hiker
Boatman398

Post by Boatman398 »

I fly frequently mostly on American airline and usually skirted. My skirts are all short 14-15" but with my short legs they are about 4" above the knees. I have never had trouble with security because of my skirts or any negitive comments from airline personel. Once I was not skirted and one of the porters came up and said he didn't reconize me jokingly. I hardly get many strange looks or noticed at Fort Lauderdale airport . I get some strange looks however at San Juan airport but no bad comments or hassles from the airline personel. I have traveled out of the country to foreign countries and had no trouble with customs at either end .
DavidsSkirts

Women/Ladies Do "Flash"...

Post by DavidsSkirts »

Bob wrote:Hmm... in all my years, I have NEVER seen a woman "accidentally" expose her panties, or even NON-accidentally expose them. It would be really tacky. We can do the same, making sure to take steps to protect our modesty.

A bulge showing is different from pure immodesty. Women have bulges showing, that's not the same as going topless for them. But really, I prefer that bulges not be highlighted.
:rotfl:
I think 'Bob' needs to get out a bit more, or open his eyes - there are plenty of women out there who - both accidentally, and/or purposefully - expose what they are wearing underneath, and I have had women "flash" their panties at me several times over the years; and this isn't counting women who choose to wear transparent or semi-transparent (i.e. translucent) clothing, and see-through underwear (or no underwear) ...
There's a big wide world out here ..
David...
Lake Macquarie (aka paradise..); NSW; Australia.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Oh my God, yes--or take a look on Yoox.com at the miniskirt collection. about a third of the 2,000 items there don't even allow the models to cover themselves adequately in a non-windy studio!

on the high street where I live, on saturday nights, the women are all dressed in basically nothing. the jeans are so low that the underwear is all showing, and the skirts are so high that the butt is blowin' in the wind!

you can't go to a coffee shop without seeing the thongs of girls sitting at the bar, if they're wearing any underwear at all, and they don't seem to mind showing everyone. there is so much butt crack on display around here in the summer you actually get tired of it.

the summer, trousers are so thin that the washing instructions on the underwear is visible, and the jeans so tight that they are basically just painting their lower half blue! and the tops are all so low down in london that one small lean forward and the breasts may as well be out in the breeze.

yep, they sure cornered the market on flashing. men can join in but they're going to get mistaken for a nuisance, so it's probably not advisable! as for the airlines, go to any airport in southern spain in the summer and you'd agree, if they stopped women flashers getting on the planes, you'd have so many empty aircraft parked all over the place that nobody would be able to land.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

pop goes the ..........

Post by Since1982 »

iain wrote: and the tops are all so low down in london that one small lean forward and the breasts may as well be out in the breeze.
Good thing they're connected or they'd be bouncing on the sidewalk. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

some of them aren't all that far off, it has to be said!

I saw a woman in her 20's in a mini last summer and she had really terrible legs (forgive me for saying so, but she really was not in good shape) but the mini made her somehow fascinating to watch. she was showing pracftically everything because the mini was almost toally transparent.

ok, (to self) enough already! thinks: I'm in a committed relationship, I'm in a committed relationship..
davereporter

Television is NOT real

Post by davereporter »

OK everyone take a big... long... breath and repeat

Reality television is not about reality

OK - we have that.

Now just because we all saw a scandal on television does not mean it happens in real life. There may be many plausible explanations
1) The guy in question was an actor

2) He may have previously acted inappropriately

3) The airline staff play up when several television crews are around

4) The whole show is made up

etc.

Think about it. How normal can you be when there are two or more camera crews circling around you? For those not in the industry, a camera crew = camerman, lighting person and sound man carrying a BIG microphone on a very long pole. Hmm... how many of those do you think you could sneak into an airport to catch "candid" moments. For fun try taking out a palm-corder (consumer) video camera at the check-in gate and see what happens... just remember to pack a sandwich or two because I hear that jail food is not that great.

Please, don't react to what you see on TV... it is probably not real.

Dave
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

maybe the airplane was just cardboard!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Last comment on the Airline show from me

Post by Since1982 »

By the way, about the Airline show, they (the airline) did have a male rep in that piece, why (as is often done with female problems) couldn't they simply send that male rep into the mens room with the customer to ascertain whether or not he was modestly attired under his skirt. I can't see why a man can't drop his skirt in the loo so an airline rep can see whether or not the complaints had base or were just "I don't like seeing a man in a skirt so I'll complain that I can see his genitals, I need 2 or 3 of you to agree and we'll get him in trouble" type complaint. Seems Southwest did drop the ball in that piece some. :doh:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
iain
Member Extraordinaire

last comment from me too

Post by iain »

Women flashers are generally welcomed as long as they're a little subtle, because it's a patriarchal society.

Male flashers are pretty bad news! And generally it's pretty clear who's who.

Anyway, I never saw the show but reading all these comments was much more interesting!
crfriend
Master Barista

Reality intrudes....

Post by crfriend »

davereporter wrote:OK everyone take a big... long... breath and repeat

Amen, Brother!

Every time I hear the words "reality television" placed next to one another in a conversation, or read them as an adjacency in a paragraph, I just cringe. It's that bad.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mini Skirted Guy on A&E 'Airline'

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I wonder what the position the airline personnel would take if two men wore nearly identical length denim shorts and a denim skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I wonder what the position the airline personnel would take if two men wore nearly identical length denim shorts and a denim skirt.
I fly to Denver a lot and I do it in a skirt and a ladies top. I wear knee highs and they are nearly sheer. I have seen a few others at the airport wearing skirts. One person had a very mini skirt. and it was so short his undies showed even when he was standing and no one said anything about it. So if you are flying don't worry about the airline people or TSA being upset with your choice of clothing. Just Enjoy!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

TSA has to scan everyone and investigate anything that they think
may be out of the norm. So wearing less clothing to hide items that
they are scanning for would probably make their jobs easier.

In fact - they might be perfectly happy if people flew wearing nothing
at all. It would be hard to hide weapons - that would be certain!